Back Office Project Manager
A global Asset Management Firm is seeking a Project Manager to join their team in New York. This candidate will be responsible for leading the Branch Workflow Case Management projects. He/She will provide leadership to ensure the successful delivery of the projects.
- Project plan creation, schedule creation and management, forecasts, budget tracking and project reporting as well as regular status reporting on the progress of initiatives
- Identify, codify, prioritize and manage project scope changes
- Identify and manage project risks and issues
- Ability to analyze vague project requests and clarify into specific tasks, next steps and deliverables.
- Create and maintain detailed project plans for team members and summary project plans for presentations to stakeholders.
- Acting as a liaison and advocate between the business users and the development teams, including identifying and integrating dependent development teams involved in a solution design
- Proactively identifying and managing issues to full resolution.
- Facilitating/assisting with User Acceptance Testing
- 7+ years planning, tracking and reporting medium to high complexity technology projects
- 5+ years hands-on experience performing detailed business analysis and requirements specifications creation for complex broker/dealer systems
- 5+ years in financial services settings (preferably brokerage back-office systems)
- Critical thinking and translation of business needs into technology solutions
- Ability to analyze vague project requests and clarify into specific tasks, next steps and deliverables
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Solid knowledge of project/portfolio management techniques and Microsoft Project