Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
NetSpend is looking for an outstanding individual to fill a Back Office Developer I position.
Internal Operations (part of Internal-Systems/Back-Office) is a customer-focused team of business, data, and technical experts managing the Master Data Management (MDM), Financial Settlement, and Data-Warehouse environments for NetSpend, one of the leading prepaid card providers in United States.
This position is part of a growing Data Infrastructure team (Research and Development) designated to develop a robust and secure reporting and data warehouse infrastructure for a high volume transactional environment.
NetSpend offers a fun, personable atmosphere where creativity, ingenuity, and talent are encouraged and rewarded.
Roles and Responsibilities
- This position requires a mix of programming skills and broad general knowledge of various IT environments and systems
- Must be capable of independently researching, evaluating, and recommending technical solutions based on requirements
- Must be capable of documenting and presenting work and research findings in a precise and articulate manner
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ Years’ Experience with Object Oriented Programming (Java, Python, Scala, Ruby etc.)
- 2+ Years’ Experience with ScriptingLanguages (Perl, Bash, etc.)
- 2+ Years’ Experience with Relational Database Programming (SQL, PL/SQL, etc.)
- 1+ Years’ Experience with ETL Tools (Talend, Informatica, OWB etc.) is preferred
- 2+ Years’ Experience with Relational Databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)
- 1+ YearExperience with Linux OS
- Knowledge of Cloud Environments (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Services (S3, EC2, VPC, Lambda, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hadoop Environments and Tools (HDFS, Hive, Pig, Spark, HBase, etc.)
- Degree in Computer Science is preferred but not required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States; no relocation available for this positionAs provided in NetSpend's Background Check policy, eligible candidates may be subject to drug, criminal history, and credit checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal laws