As a backend web developer at SAI, you will help nonprofits and associations deliver more services and grow membership by improving the digital Mission Experience. Your talent as a developer and passion for problem solving will have a direct impact on programs that benefit many different communities.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career in a collaborative team environment that leads with strategy and thoughtful planning and implements websites that solve complex business and user challenges. You'll work with a cross-functional team of UX design and development professionals to formulate solutions.
You'll breakdown complex technical issues and systematically work to resolve them. You'll own the design and implementation of backend functionality, troubleshoot problems, and identify opportunities to improve. You'll work independently on tasks and actively communicate with team members to review code, share ideas, and elevate our collective work.
You'll meet project deadlines, anticipate problems, and use sound judgement to escalate challenges that require additional expertise. You'll also support others by bringing your perspective to continuously improve the quality of our code and the solutions we provide our clients.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Solve technical problems and develop solutions to meet clients' digital needs
- Implement websites in commercial and open source web content management systems (CMS)
- Develop dynamic and engaging web functionality using scripting languages such as PHP
- Support SAI's user experience designers and project managers in documenting client requirements and building web-based technical solutions
- Provide technical support on developer QA and bug fixes
- Assist with front-end development as needed
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in PHP
- Experience setting up, implementing, and maintaining websites on open-source content management systems such as Drupal and WordPress
- Ability to work independently and provide excellent follow-through on tasks
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of initiative and self-direction; must be detail-oriented and proactive
- Astute critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle projects solo, but thoroughly enjoy collaborating with a partner or a team
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of related experience, or equivalent experience developing and implementing websites, web applications and/or mobile applications
- Experience with open source web content management systems such as WordPress or Drupal a strong plus
- Agency experience a plus
It's an exciting time at SAI
We have a unique approach to help nonprofits and associations grow by improving their digital Mission Experience. Your success will directly impact these organizations as they serve their communities.
We're in growth mode. We're regularly adding new clients and are expanding within all our major accounts. We expect to expand by 35% in 2021.
Your voice will be heard. We're big enough to do great work, yet small enough that you can have a real impact. Opinions and ideas are encouraged and valued.
You'll work with great people. SAI is known for hiring humble, hungry, and smart team members who balance hard work with fun. You will be working with an experienced team of UX designers, developers and digital consultants.
You'll work with great leaders. They reward hard work and performance with trust and empowerment, and it's not a slow process.
You'll grow professionally. We want our team members to continue to develop in their professions and stay on top of industry trends. You'll have the opportunity to share your expertise and raise your professional profile.
Location, location, location. Conveniently located off I-83 across from Hunt Valley Towne Centre with flexibility to work remote as needed.
Competitive salary and benefits. We offer competitive salaries, 100% employer-paid health insurance premiums for staff, health savings accounts, 401(k) match, and competitive PTO.