Intuit is the global leader in financial management software where we have pioneered the shift to Virtual Platforms, cloud computing for consumers, small businesses and those that serve them. Intuit acts as a 35 year old startup, and we are constantly disrupting ourselves as we identify major new technology and design trends that are needed to deliver our mission to power prosperity around the world. Our groups are fast-paced teams focused on delivering innovative capabilities, and having fun while doing it.
What you'll bring
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related area or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience developing systems/software for large business environments (Java/J2EE, Python, Go preferred)
- 5+ years of experience designing complex distributed systems, management products or business applications
- Strong OOD and SOA principles, with ability to implement them in a language of choice
- Strong experience leading design and implementation of robust and highly scalable web services
- Skilled in software development lifecycle processes and experience with scrum, agile and iterative approaches
- Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Practical experience in developing applications using microservices, container technologies, container management systems such as Kubernetes, Mesos etc
- Strong experience with Databases design (SQL, NoSQL) and analytics
- Prior working experience in utility computing and/or cloud computing domain highly desired
- Experience building and deploying applications and services into cloud environments (AWS highly desired).
How you will lead
- Drive significant technology initiatives end-to-end and across multiple layers of architecture.
- Architecting and developing scalable web applications or distributed systems
- Drive design and implementation of durable and software solutions that will solve critical customer problems, are scalable, secure, easy to maintain, and interact with numerous other services
- Provide recommendations and best practices for application development, platform development, and developer tools
- Capture requirements and use cases
- Actively stay abreast on industry best practices, share learnings, and experiment and apply cutting edge technologies
- Provide technical leadership and be a role model/coach to software engineers pursuing technical career path in engineering
- Provide/inspire innovations that fuel the growth of Intuit as a whole and generate creative ideas for emerging business needs
- Team player possessing strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills. Able to influence and communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to work with global teams across time zones
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, complex technical environment with high adaptability and flexibility
- Experience delivering results across cross-functional teams while maintaining effective working relationships
- Communicates clearly, succinctly and persuasively to all levels of employees, customers and management (including executives)
- "Self-starter" attitude and the ability to make decisions independently.