As a member of the first few engineering teams at Crisp you have will have the unique opportunity to take products from concept to production as we build towards our goal of becoming the global technology platform for the food industry. You will work closely with the co-founder team and be part of not just defining and implementing our technology and product strategy, but also the way we work together as we scale our company.
Signs of a great candidate
- Collaborative. You know that your colleagues’ perspectives will make our customers successful. Similarly, you use your strengths to help us grow together. You propose ways for us to be more engaged and successful with our customers.
- Customer focused. Our customers are at the forefront of your day. You prioritize our customers’ voice to ensure their needs are met.
- Ambitious, curious, and resourceful. You are innately curious, and you aren’t afraid to work hard. You are self driven, you take direction well but are able to be creative to find results on your own when asked. You are driven to succeed because your hard work and results make you proud.
- Disciplined and reliable. We are a distributed company and you enjoy the benefits of working distributed while consistently delivering what you have committed to. When you hit a snag, you communicate and reset expectations early.
- Appreciative of honest feedback. You know that the best way to learn and grow is through constructive feedback delivered kindly. You view feedback given to you as an opportunity to get better and strive to do the same for others.
- Work smarter and harder. You often identify a problem, create a solution and bring it to a state of completion - with others, or even on your own. You find ways of eliminating or automating stuff that is uninteresting or wasteful.
Crisp’s Backend Tech Stack
- Statically typed, modern languages. We use Kotlin and TypeScript. Knowledge of these specific technologies is not a requirement. If you’re willing to learn, we’re willing to help you along the way.
- Continuous deployment. Code is never far from being deployed to production, because if it’s not in production, it’s not solving problems in the real world. Our branch time spans are short, and features under development are hidden behind feature flags.
- JVM based back-end. The JVM has a robust, rich ecosystem of libraries and tools that we’re leveraging to help us focus on building solutions, not tool-chains.
- Cloud first. As a services offering in the 21st century, the cloud isn’t the future, it’s the present. We’re fully invested in using the features offered by our cloud provider in order to minimize technical debt and maximize productivity.
- Micro-services. Not for the sake of the buzz, but when they make sense. By adopting a modern, thoughtful services architecture we’re able to scale organizationally, reduce technical debt, and maintain a high, sustained velocity.
- Start-up mode. The team is still small, and the product is fresh. You’ll be able to exert a large amount of influence, and contribute to decisions that will determine the future of the product and the team.