We seek a Back End / DevOps Engineer to join our award-winning team! If you love the idea of working with a super-talented group passionate about building products that make meetings better for everyone, please keep reading: Mersive Solstice helps teams collaborate much more effectively by allowing anyone to bring their own devices and apps to meetings and share content concurrently. The product development organization is going to grow substantially over the coming months; we have some exciting initiatives spinning up in which we need a back end expert to join the team.
A successful candidate has experience working across full stack web technologies, in particular, someone with expertise in modern back end architecture, including microservices and/or serverless architecture, data warehousing and analytics pipelines (e.g. leveraging distributed messaging systems like Kafka), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), and CI/CD pipelines. Great candidates will also be very familiar with architecting RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs. We are an extremely innovative team and expect our engineers to continue to push the bar when it comes to newer, better technologies we can leverage.
Your day-to-day will look like this:
- Work within our agile team structure to design and implement back end web components that we can leverage across our strategic initiatives
- Ensure that our architectural designs are future-proofed, from a scale, load, and performance perspective
- Debug, monitor, and maintain a CI/CD pipeline that feeds into a production deployment, plus one or more staging and testing environments
- Partner with our front end engineers to build amazing interactive experiences
- Perform the necessary R&D to ensure Mersive leads the market in innovation
- Ensure the long term quality of the code you develop through unit and integration testing
Here’s what experience we’re looking for:
- 3-6 years as a back end or full stack engineer, ideally working in cloud- or SaaS-based tech stacks
- Expertise in AWS or equivalent IaaS, microservices / serverless architectures, and big data applications
- Experience with CI/CD, container deployment and orchestration, service discovery, secret management, etc.
- Demonstrated experiencedesigning and integrating with APIs
- Experience leveraging unit, integration, and end-to-end testing tools
- Strong DevOps and Linux experience preferable
- Bonus points for experience in Java, C/C++, Rust, Docker, functional programming, and networking/transport protocols