Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
Within our Energy and Power Technologies (EPT) division, we provide solutions for safety, security, and performance throughout the energy, power distribution and, automation value chains. We work in a diversity of cutting-edge industries, such as: Industry 4.0, Renewable Energy, and Autonomous Products. The impact of our work spreads through many business areas on a global scale yet focused locally through our 1,500 team members.
- Develops and modifies complex information system programs. Leads project teams and defines specifications for complex software programming applications and modifies existing applications. Performs complex analysis of system requirements, preparation of specifications, designing, coding, testing, debugging, and documenting. Implements complex requirements for multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications.
- Resolves problems by devising or modifying procedures. Considers equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results when developing resolutions.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, forming project team, establishing project budget, developing schedules, assigning, prioritizing and monitoring work, implementing productivity standards, and resolving operations problems.
- Monitors progress of larger software based projects by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Improves systems performance by investigating problems, developing specifications, identifying trends in technology, and recommending solutions.
- Works on project teams, formulating and defining specifications for complex software programming applications and modifies existing applications.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What makes you a great fit:
- Over 3 years’ experience developing software
- Expertise in C++
- Interest in product performance and optimization
- Able to think globally and to appreciate our dedicated international customer base and their needs
- Able to work within a broad requirements framework with minimal or no supervision
- Highly organized and agile, able to manage multiple complex tasks
- Team player who can listen and adapt to work within an agile, changing plan
- Fast learner, comfortable with multiple technologies
- Experience creating dynamic SaaS solutions
- Experience with C#
- Degree in computer science or engineering
- Experience in SQL and database structures
- Strong interest in renewable energy and dedication to solving global problems using technology
- Microsoft frameworks - .NET, ASP.NET
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: Full-time employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation for the relevant position. We also provide employees with health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, retirement saving and paid time off including vacation, holiday and sick time. The salary range for this position is $82,800-90,000 base salary. The hourly or salary range is the range UL in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting depending on the candidate’s experience, qualifications, seniority, geographic location, and other factors permitted by law. UL may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.