We write code. We operate in small startup-like teams and interface with each other through code, pull requests, and Slack instead of meetings. It’s how we scale.
We deploy as often as we can, and would love for you to deploy to production on day one. We make customers happy by getting features and fixes out fast.
We build back-end apps with Scala and Java. Think something is better? Our teams operate with autonomy and an ethos of Do the Right Thing.
We are vocal. Engineers, designers, and product managers are peers on teams to create our products. Our voice is critical in making our software awesome.
We don’t always get it right. We are human, but we commit ourselves to helping each other and learning from our failures.
We grow. We didn’t know all of this when we started, and our industry is changing constantly. We want new engineers that want to learn, and we want experts that want to set the bar high.
We’re currently hiring for several of our back end teams that are solving hard problems using JVM-based, open source technologies. Interested?
- Practical experience with Scala and/or Java in a production environment
- Experience with git and collaborating via pull requests
- Comfortable working in small teams and shipping SaaS features directly to production
- Familiarity with distributed systems and datastores such as Kafka, Zookeeper, Cassandra, ElasticSearch, and Solr
- Familiarity with relational databases and demonstrable experience with SQL
- Familiarity with Dropwizard, Jersey, and Finagle.
- Familiarity with DI via Spring, Guice, and Dagger
- Familiarity with QueryDSL, Hibernate, and Slick.
- Familiarity with Ruby and PHP.