MetroStar Systems is looking for a Senior Back-End Developer that is passionate about building high quality, optimized, and extremely efficient software. The applications you'll be developing will run in a hybrid cloud & On-Premises environments. This project is using the most up-to-date technologies lead by a highly technical team. If you want to join a company that values people that are fearless about making technology work and are open to commuting to Reston, VA and Washington DC, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You're a great fit if…
- You like keeping up to date with the most recent cloud and infrastructure technologies
- You take pride in developing highly optimized code
- You enjoy working in an Agile environment and group setting in order to provide timely, effective, and customized software solutions to your customer
You'll love this position if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 7+ years developing server side applications with Java/J2EE or Node.js, with at least 4 of those years developing with Spring and Spring boot developing REST API endpoints.
- You have 3+ years developing microservices in a modern cloud environment such as AWS
- You have 4+ years working with RDBMS and have a solid understanding of data normalization and DB optimizations
- You have a strong understanding of TDD, CI/CD, automation, and micro-services.
- You have extensive knowledge of JUnit testing and some knowledge of JaCoCo
- You have 3+ years of experience with repository tools such as Git or Bitbucket and project tracking systems such as Jira
- You have experience working in Agile environments and applying automation techniques with multiple teams operating in parallel to accomplish large initiative deployments.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience in the build/automation subject area.
We'll REALLY love you if…
(This is the BONUS stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have an understanding of modern infrastructure and pipeline automation and configuration or some knowledge of tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- You have 2+ years of experience with containerization and container orchestration.
- You have experience working in sprints and/or Kanban.
- You understand various deployment approaches such as Blue-Green deployment.
What your day will look like…
- You will support both on-premise and cloud hosted enterprise applications.
- You will be developing Java SpringBoot micro-services to support our client.
- You will work with Scrum Masters, Business Analysts, and Developers to facilitate the flow of continuous development through a secure, stable pipeline.
The Admin Stuff…
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for potential access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship or Green Card is required.
The Legal Stuff…
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.