We have a lot of exciting back-end projects in progress and coming up soon like micro-services to consume IoT sensor data into Azure Data Hubs, Kafka message queues for real time communication and data processing, GeoJSON tile layers and SVG optimization for our floor viewer engine and much more. Typically our microservices are developed in Scala using Play Framework but we do believe in using the best tool for the job so we are open to other technologies and have micro services deployed in NodeJS, Python and more.
Our backend is orchestrated using Mesos and Marathon if you have experience with any orchestration tools (like Kubernetes) we'd love to talk.
We want quick learners so if you think you can contribute if given some time and instruction don't hesitate to apply.
Our web application covers many different aspects serves traffic to tens of thousands of users simultaneously every day. The back-end is the glue that brings everything together. Without an effective platform the front-end can't stand.
Requirements for Application
- 3+ years of experience in developing high performance and highly scalable applications
- Familiarity with SQL
- Familiarity with the Java ecosystem
- Hands-on experience and expertise in modern programming languages
- Experience with cloud platform such as Azure
- Familiarity with DevOps, including continuous integration, continuous deployment / delivery, configuration and containerization, infrastructure as code, and monitoring
- Functional Programming Experience (such as Scala, Haskell)
- Experience with ORM tools (such as JPA, Slick, LINQ)
- Experience with Messaging Queues (such as Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Orchestration technologies (such as Kubernetes, Mesos)
- Experience creating scalable and versioned APIs (such as REST, GraphQL)
- Impact our products, see the result of your work and be valued from day-one
- Work with experienced team members and learn from them
- Collaborate closely with other groups to develop products that change the workplace
- Fully stocked kitchen, free snacks and coffee
- Base Salary and bonus commensurate with qualifications
- Above average benefits including medical insurance, dental & vision, and disability insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) plus paid holidays
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Free covered parking
- Arcade Games and Lounge area to clear your mind
- Flexible Schedules
- Casual Dress Code