The Back-End Developers will design and develop applications that deliver value to our customers. She/he will work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product, proactively gather requirements and ensure high quality of our software. She/he will ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Design and develop components applications that deliver value to our customers.
- Work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Troubleshoot and debug code.
- Proactively review and test own work; provide peer-review work for others.
- Work with the team and other developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to development.
- Ensure clear documentation of created/modified functionality.
- Independently propose and create solutions.
- Drive idea generation with peers and other stakeholder within the organization to identify areas that require improvement.
QUALIFICATIONS/COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing in back-end Java
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical design
- Deep technical understanding of Java 8 or later and Spring Boot Microservices
- Expertise in creating and consuming REST-based APIs and Web-based applications
- Experience in distributed systems, OO principles and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Other desired skills that are considered a plus
- Spring Cloud (Spring Cloud Netflix, Spring Cloud Config, etc.)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Git, github
- SQL language, MySQL
- XML and SOAP
- In addition to the required education and experience, the following attributes are desired:
- Have a passion for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines.
- Be well versed in enterprise software development, design patterns, testing, coding practices, deployment, lifecycle management, and beyond.
- Use agile and lean principles in your product thinking--you're able to see large problems as a series of smaller jobs with expected outcomes.
- Be organized and process-oriented.