Blackstone’s BAAM Ventures group manages more than $6 billion of AUM across two primary investment strategies: (1) acquiring minority ownership interests in alternative asset management firms, and (2) providing seed capital in exchange for revenue sharing interests in startup hedge funds. In acquiring and forming strategic partnerships with these hedge funds, BAAM Ventures offers Associates and Vice Presidents the opportunity to analyze, evaluate, and engage with companies and management teams across the globe. Our investment process combines the financial skills of investment banking, as well as the fundamental underwriting and strategic thinking of private equity.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Ability to lead the logistics of a hedge fund manager underwriting to completion, including leading “deal team” conversations and presentation to the investment committee
- Independently manage a book of hedge fund manager contacts for ongoing coverage
- Ability to originate, present and debate original investment analysis to senior management and the investment committee
- Ability to source / evaluate new manager leads that fit investment profiles
- Lead or assist in negotiating and execution of hedge fund managers seed agreements
- Ability to hold a comprehensive investment discussion with the Investment Team and investment committee on topics covering managers, markets, and portfolio construction
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Candidates should have 4-10 years of industry experience
- Direct investment experience within a buyside environment (preferred)
- In depth understanding of markets, instruments, and approaches within a strategy
- Superior organizational and communication skills as well as a demonstrated ability to write effectively.
- A desire to work in a team environment
- Strong financial modeling skills and the ability to deconstruct a company’s financials
- An ability to manage ad hoc projects independently and to completion