In this role, the Vice President will focus on driving overall AUM growth and product development for affiliate portfolio companies on the Strategic Capital Group Platform. The individual will work closely with senior leadership both on the IRBD and investment teams. The Vice President will have the opportunity to lead research initiatives and manage execution processes. The main areas of responsibility include:
- Identify, research, and analyze business and product opportunities across all asset classes
- Work with affiliates to assess and enhance performance and profitability across product lines
- Assist affiliates with creating and monitoring metrics for each product/business with continuous evaluation of objectives over time
- Work with affiliates in research and development of investment strategies within and across asset classes
- Assist affiliates with extensive research and development on all potential ideas (e.g. market opportunity, firm positioning) coupled with thorough review of demand, fit within overall strategic plan, organizational impact and financial impact.
- Work with selected affiliates to develop an annual strategic plan including the development and execution of key initiatives and objectives (e.g. product development, marketing and distribution, budgeting/forecasting/compensation planning, human capital evaluation and recruitment, and best practices benchmarking etc.).
- Provide ongoing support, evaluation, analysis, and advice related to the implementation of new products and ad hoc business opportunities at affiliate companies
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and time management skills, the successful candidate must have:
- At least eight years of professional experience with a background in management consulting, investment banking, or product development.
- At least five years of work experience in a marketing and investor relations role
- Strong judgment, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Superior communication and presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- Candidate should be energetic, self-motivated, and a team-oriented individual who thrives on challenge in a fast-paced, dynamic environment - often under pressure to meet demanding deadlines
- Strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a desire to learn
- Integrity, motivation, and intellectual curiosity
- Collaborative individual who will foster strong working relationships with affiliates and IRBD teams
- Undergraduate degree is required.