This B2B Technical Analyst will participate in the analysis of information systems problems, specifically those related to EDI, XML, and other B2B and system interfaces, and the development of solutions to those problems. This position is responsible for working with user personnel, business trading partners, and other IT personnel on problem areas to define pertinent specifications for applications. This position performs eComm and other interface design, related data base, and mapping design. Defining and correcting operational difficulties encountered in executing eComm documents and other interfaces will be necessary. It will be necessary for this B2B Technical Analyst to communicate effectively with trading partners, business units and other IT team members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes existing procedures, identifies improvement opportunities and designs new A2A/B2B systems and business process models (workflows).
- Organizes data files and prepares flowcharts of data movement.
- Documents procedures and operation methods.
- Prepares instructional material for users and completes user training.
- Design report and screen formats.
- Designs, tests, implements and documents program logic.
- Prepares test data and analyzes program performance during testing.
- Responsible for setup, maintenance, operations, performance tuning and documentation related to the B2B utility software.
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of two years’ experience using IBM B2B Integrator (or Sterling Integrator or GIS) is required.
- Excellent customer service skills. Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to others that are not as tech savvy.
- Must have solid problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Education, Training, and Licenses:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology is preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in EDI/eComm document translation and trading partner on-boarding is required.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Legal/ADA Considerations: Normal office environment. Occasional overnight travel by surface or air. Occasional periods of shop environment. Extended work hours.
Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Individuals Encouraged to Apply
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Innovative:Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Functional Expert:Considered a thought leader on a subject
Thought Provoking:Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
Work-Life Balance:Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Entrepreneurial Spirit:Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Bachelors or better in Information Technology.
2 years:Experience using IBM B2B Integrator (or Sterling Integrator or GIS) is required.
5 years:Experience in EDI/eComm document translation and trading partner on-boarding is required.