B2B Strategic Marketing Lead - Pharmacy Management
This CPM Strategic Marketing Lead will lead all CPM marketing strategy and execution, including communication planning for activities related to pharmacy go-to-market strategy.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Marketing for Cigna Pharmacy Management (CPM,) this position is responsible for the development and execution of messaging and positioning through the lens of our customers, clients and their advisors. Requiring the ability to translate business objectives and impacts into sound communication approaches and campaigns, the successful candidate will have previous experience in both business to business (B2B) and direct to consumer (DTC) marketing in a highly-regulated industry. Pharma and/or PBM experience strongly preferred.
The role is expected to excel in a highly matrixed environment, integrated with business, sales and product teams, to inform and direct the optimal marketing approach for a variety of marketing activities. This role requires a strong strategic mindset, ability to work with and influence functional business partners, cross-segment marketing and Centers of Excellence (CoE) partners, as well as results-orientation and customer-centric orientation. Candidate will possess strong business acumen, as well as systemic thinking and decision making capabilities.
• Lead comprehensive marketing strategy and end-to-end planning positioning CPM as a thought leader and innovator among competitive set using a variety of methods and media
• Member of CPM marketing (go-to) SME team delivering our PBM’s messaging through all selling segments
• Act as voice of/bring perspective of our customers, clients, producers, providers and sales teams to operation meetings/decisions
• Interface with solutions partners and HCP (health care professional) marketing team in support of bringing to life pharmacy+medical integrated programs
• Partner with Marketing Centers of Excellence (CoE) to advance all aspects of CPM marketing strategy to promote and position Cigna's pharmacy expertise (inc. PR/corporate comm, social and digital, whitepapers, etc.)
• Partner with Marketing Insights CoE, GTM (go to market) team and Solutions to stay current on competitor developments, define and scope market research requirements to inform business decisions or marketing approaches, and identify opportunities to market new and existing capabilities
• Work with public relations to promote initiatives to industry, local and national media outlets
• Lead communication for networkpromotions and market events across constituents
• Leads sales training related to Product, Clinical or other CPM launches or enhancements. Sales training adapted to specific needs of each selling segment.
• Supports producer relations activity through panel meetings and driving relevant and valued messages to top consultants – mostly through eCard campaign using Eloqua software.
• Leads webinar content, RFP supporting materials, proposal library content, ad hoc and event/forum presentation materials.
• Meets with Subject Matter Experts to understand new concepts – will translate into simple text/graphics for sales to take to the market.
• Support events both standard (planned) and ad hoc (unplanned).
Ideal Candidates Will Offer:
– BS in Marketing or equivalent field; MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing preferred.
– Minimum of 10 years of marketing and business strategy experience, ideally in connection with strategic planning, top line growth, market or product management.
– Experience in pharmacy benefit mgmt/healthcare insurance/managed care is highly desirable
– Highly developed strategic thinking capabilities and demonstrated success leading extensive multi-channel, multi-stakeholder marketing programs, achieving business goals
– Strong business acumen with an understanding of implementing measurable processes
– Experience managing multiple priorities and executing strategy/initiatives within time constraints, budget and quality standards
– Expert written and verbal communicator with superior facilitation skills, as well as oral and written communications
– Highly developed executive presence to negotiate and influence senior leaders and partners across the organization
– Critical thinker and creative problem solver, who exercises good judgment in resolving difficult and unusual situations balancing departmental needs with and enterprise objectives
– Ability to work effectively in dynamic, team-based environment across multiple functional disciplines