Serve as an Account Manager on the New Homes Sales team, focused on developing and growing builder accounts.
As a successful New Homes Account Manager, you will have intimate knowledge of home building operations and strong Account Management and Business to Business sales experience. You will need to understand solar PV, including the operational requirements for installing solar on new homes. This position will excel in communicating and negotiating directly with home builders and new community sales office leadership. This is a territory based role and you will regularly be in the field meeting with and acquiring new builder partners and communities.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in energy storage sales and technology, with good knowledge of energy markets and very strong set of relationships across energy, storage, and solar/renewable energy sectors. Ours is a product sale, including the need for strong technical proficiency, as well as solid knowledge of existing and emerging energy storage markets and policy. Ideal candidate is based in central CA and will work remotely with travel to HQ.
- Drive sales through ongoing communication with various levels of the builder organization, including Division Presidents, Regional Directors, Purchasing staff, Construction staff, and Sales staff
- Provide information and on-site training to builder sales and construction staff
- Capture all lot releases, home sales, homebuyer contact information, and Close of Escrow dates
- Expertise in solar pv and an understanding of energy storage and electric vehichle charging
- Ability to prospect, rectruit and train new builder accounts
- Ability to grow existing accounts and market share within a builder account
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot and problem solve in a dynamic environment
- Manage existing New Home Building partners (when already established in market)
- Coordinate market launches with internal and external field operation team members
- Serve as sales training and technical expert for our partners
- Proficiency with complex analytics to advise on terms, pricing, and market positioning
- Poses superb communication skills in formal presentations and proposals
- Focus on quality of execution, end-customer experience, and protecting the Tesla brand; working with some existing accounts plus new accounts you will develop.
- Hit the ground running on day one, with strong technical knowledge and existing relationships in the key verticals and geographic regions
- Integrate with internal technical, product, policy, marketing and other teams.
- Demonstrated experience in developing relationships and closing deals in renewable energy and new construction markets, working B2B and/or with commercial and industrial customers.
- Diverse set of experiences leading to deep and broad knowledge base.
- Salesforce experience
- Proven record of outlier levels of success in the energy/renewable energy industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
- Evidence of exceptional ability to manage relationships
- Ideally five to seven years’ experience in business-to-business sales role
- Must have valid state driver’s license and clean driving record
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. We design, manufacture, sell and service the world’s best solar technology, energy storage systems, and electric vehicles, providing customers the opportunity to generate, store and consume energy entirely sustainably.
Tesla is committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. Based in California, Tesla’s workforce spans across four continents. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.