$100K — $150K *
The focus of the Azure Field Solution Architect is to bring technical competence and confidence to our clients by partnering with our BSCs to identify, drive and close Azure Infrastructure, Security and Applications opportunities to enable customer outcomes and drive cloud usage consumption. You engage as a subject matter expert (SME) to help customers achieve their business goals and maximize their investments in cloud technology while achieving and exceeding sales quota targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Cloud Platform Technical Architect, you act as a Cloud SME, aiding in the sales and solution pursuit activities, primarily on Azure, and will be expected to:
• Utilize your knowledge of enterprise cloud architecture and cloud services (including the latest innovations and solutions) to create roadmaps to your customers' desired future state.
• Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions aligned to Logicalis’s Cloud Adoption Framework (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using IaaS, PaaS, DevOps & Advanced Application coding, as necessary.
• Deliver success against sales quota attainment, by cultivating long-term relationships focused on understanding customers' needs and wants; earn trust and gain credibility by utilizing deep technical expertise to design and deliver valued solution architecture(s).
• Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a cloud adoption roadmap and architect repeatable and consistent solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key technologies with derived customer value.
• Drive long-term platform adoption by helping customers to adopt Cloud native projects, supporting them to make the appropriate technical choices and engaging appropriate Logicalis and partner SMEs.
• Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates.
• Demonstrate and actively promote an understanding and commitment to the mission of Logicalis through performing behaviors consistent with the organization's values.
• Maintain a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as policies and procedures of Logicalis in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
• Support and conduct self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
• 70% of your time will be spent with customers identifying and developing new Azure consumption opportunities which align to the customer’s technical and business strategy. Disciplined in business-management, adaptable to a culture of accountability and build a strong and active business network that relies on your knowledge expertise.
o Works with partners as well as engages with Sales teams on prioritized customers.
• 20% of your time will be spent on developing a trusted advisor and influencer relationship with our sales teams helping shape customer decisions to buy and adopt Microsoft Azure and Infrastructure solutions.
o Facilitates or co-lead workshops and demonstrations of Azure solutions to explain and prove the capabilities of Microsoft Azure relative to the customers business and technical objectives.
• 10% of your time will be spent on influencing the Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Hybrid Datacenter go-to-market strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers. Recognized for sharing, learning and driving work that results in business impact for customers, partners and Microsoft. Thought leadership encouraged along with continuously maintaining and enhancing technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness along with attaining and maintaining required certifications.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equivalent combination accepted.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar information technology-related discipline, or engineering discipline.
Experience / Technical Qualifications
o 5 years’ experience selling business solutions to small, medium and large/global enterprise customers with a focus on application and infrastructure technologies.
o Understanding of large-scale cloud initiatives and/or infrastructure projects.
o 5 years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects), architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications.
o Proven track record of building deep relationships with senior IT executives and growing cloud services in large or highly strategic accounts.
o Understanding of Microsoft Azure Partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage their programs and solutions to solve customer needs.
o Broad knowledge of enterprise cloud platforms and ability to map relevant technologies to customer IT and business needs and priorities.
o Ability to build long-term trusted technology advisor relationships that result in solid, meaningful strategic technology conversations and sales results.
o In-depth knowledge of customer technology environments.
o Ability to ensure that customers benefit from the latest Microsoft cloud innovations and solutions.
• Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, needs analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation.
• Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning and reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
• Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies.
• Business Value. Able to uncover business outcomes that are dependent upon successful adoption of Public Cloud services and using Logicalis’ Cloud Adoption approach and our proven Production Ready Cloud Platform (PRCP) to generate consumption project cost estimates and demonstrate economic value to customers.
• Consumption IT. Selling experience positioning cloud adoption methodologies and frameworks to structure application migration projects.
• Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence.
• Azure Platform. Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud platform with emphasis on Azure Infrastructure solutions including IaaS and PaaS based environments, and Azure based application management and governance.
• PRCP Pitch Ready. Demonstrated understanding of the sales pitch for the Production Ready Cloud.
• Leadership. Experience leading large cloud engagements, especially those involving Infrastructure migration and application modernization projects.
• Partners. Understanding of Microsoft Azure ecosystems and the ability to leverage their programs and solutions to solve customer needs.
• Proficient use of all Microsoft Office applications, CRM and other sales tools.
• Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Expert
• Azure Fundamentals AZ-900
• Microsoft Cloud Solution Architect
• AWS - Cloud Practitioner
• VMware Technical Sales Professional (VTSP)
Other Skills and Abilities
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (developers, senior executives and IT management).
• Ability to challenge client status quo and demonstrate thought leadership against client market needs.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with equally good listening skills are essential
• Strong customer interaction skills.
• Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
• Works well with team members and cross-departmentally.
Valid through: 1/28/2022