We are seeking a passionate Azure engineer and evangelist, savvy technologist and public cloud aficionado who relishes the challenge of building standards and reference architectures, technical writing and enabling others to succeed. This is a unique opportunity for the right individual. Are you…
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial?
- Do you believe you can do more? And want to be a part of something bigger?
- Do you believe that the ultimate reward should always be client success?
What you’ll do:
There are 4 critical objectives for this role:
- Delivery excellence – The practice engineer will be responsible for developing, testing and managing delivery standards and procedures to ensure that our clients’ experiences are of the highest quality and our services are delivered to them with consistency and efficiency. The practice engineer will play a key role in the building and launching of new service offering development, development of delivery standards as well as enhancing existing ones through development, testing and deployment of delivery automation, toolsets and reference architectures.
- Thought leadership – The practice engineer will bring a combination of hands-on experience, expert-level accreditation and a demonstrable passion for Azure and associated cloud management technologies, products and services, especially in infrastructure as code, tagging automation and scripting. As a practice focused engineer, the practice engineer will help to build and innovate delivery methodology and standards through development and testing of new ideas and concepts in Azure. This includes driving awareness within the technical teams at Softchoice of Azure Public Cloud services and solutions. Conducting delivery trainings and customer focused technical training events around infrastructure, platform as a service, data platform, identity management and security as well as other Azure services.
- Mentorship – The practice engineer will invest in and be accountable for the growth and development of his/her peers and their skills that enable the successful deployment of service offerings:
- Delivery engineers and consultants
- Managed services engineers and consultants
- Growth – The practice engineer will have a shared responsibility for the growth of the overall practice and will demonstrate this by supporting delivery activities, training, creation of hands on labs and marketing event content creation and delivery.
This is an important and high-profile role within Softchoice. If you think you have what it takes to drive maturity within our Azure services delivery practice, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Work well in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively.
- Passionate and creative problem solver.
- Action oriented.
- Has a passion for teaching and helping others.
- Embraces the challenge of being a change agent.
- Comfortable in front of a whiteboard with an audience.
- Comfortable presenting technically challenging topics in front of large groups of people.
- 3 or more related certifications form Microsoft.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in IT engineering, IT administration, consulting, professional services and/or software engineering. Previous practice development experience will be rewarded.
- Demonstrable experience architecting and implementing public cloud solutions on Azure.