KiZAN Technologies, a Microsoft Gold Partner for twenty-seven years, is always on the lookout for the best and brightest talent. As a gold-certified and managed Microsoft partner, KiZAN allows business leaders to focus on the vision, not the technology. We provide strategic planning, application, and infrastructure services for Healthcare, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Retail, Professional Services, helping companies identify and solve business problems and take advantage of opportunities using innovative technologies, demonstrated consulting expertise and proven project management. Our clients range from mid-sized organizations to enterprise corporations, and they represent a variety of industries. Combining world-class products with our commitment to excellence has enabled us to be the local and regional technology solution provider of choice.
As a company, we exist to enable everyone to follow their passion. We succeed by attracting, developing, empowering, and promoting quality people; we embrace, kaizen, and evangelize processes; and place high value on continuous learning, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit. As a team, we strive to create Raving Fans with our clients, as well as our employees. KiZAN provides a family culture, has received the Alfred P. Sloan Award for Workplace Flexibility multiple years, and encourages a fun environment by providing "just because" events for our family to get together outside of the workplace.
KiZAN Technologies has an immediate need for an exceptional individual to join our family as an Azure Solution Architect. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, is a true team player with a commitment to success, has thought leadership skills and will be able to thrive in a fast paced, rapidly-changing environment. With Microsoft’s focus on Azure, KiZAN believes that a significant percentage of our customers will have Cloud technologies as part of their infrastructure. KiZAN prides itself on being on the leading edge of perhaps the biggest business technology evolution in the modern IT world.
Candidates should be self-starters that love to learn new technologies, as this will be an integral part of the position. The ideal individual will be a thought leader who is able to design and deliver technical solutions in Azure, which can include infrastructure, development, and data platform.
This position takes personal ownership of technical envisioning, scoping, and delivery of solutions for our customers. You will be helping clients understand, adopt, and grow their Azure presence through both infrastructure and platform service architectures.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Lead cloud assessment and strategy engagements for customers
- Identify customer requirements and translate those requirements into a technical design
- Learn and keep up to date with the latest trends in Cloud technologies, including changes to the Azure platform.
- Deliver customer-facing presentations and be able to speak to all levels of IT
- Create technical documentation and architecture diagrams as needed for customer engagements.
- Document projects as they occur through daily status reports and time entry.
- Collaborate with senior and junior team members on larger projects.
- Provide education on technologies to others who are not as familiar with them.
- Assist in building statements of work and planning project effort.
- Ability to travel, overnight up to 25%
- Ability to travel independently to client sites; if by car, a valid driver's license or reliable method of transportation is required
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Prefer three years of recent Azure experience
- Prefer two years of Infrastructure as Code experience (Terraform, ARM)
- 5+ years with networking technologies:
- VPN solutions like Azure VPN, Meraki, Cisco, or others
- ExpressRoute, MPLS, SDWAN, or others
- Firewall solutions, Azure Firewall, Azure Frontdoor, Palo Alto, Barracuda, Cisco, or others
- 5+ years with identity technologies:
- Azure Active Directory, Active Directory
- Azure AD Connect, ADFS, Ping Federate
- MFA solutions, like Duo
- Two or more years of experience with some of the below technologies (junior candidates may have experience with one or two of these solution sets, while more senior candidates should have experience with multiple solution sets):
- Virtualization solutions for both Public and Private Clouds, such as Azure, Hyper-V, VMWare, and AWS.
- Infrastructure Configuration Solutions, such as Azure Automation, Orchestrator, SCCM Desired State Configuration, Azure Desired State Configuration, Puppet, Chef, or others.
- Monitoring and Alerting Solutions, such as Azure Monitor, SCOM, Solarwinds, or others.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions, such as Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup, System Center Data Protection Manager, ComVault, Veeam, or others.
- Familiarity with PowerShell for performing and automating tasks and deploying resources.
Skills and Abilities
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in both negative and positive situations
- Demonstrates proficient group presentation skills
- Responds well to questions
- Presents complex data effectively
- Effectively manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Listens to and seeks clarification from customers
- Reacts well under pressure
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status
- Follows through on commitments
- Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- Provides and welcomes feedback
- Ability to work independently/self-reliant and show initiative with minimum supervision
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and apply appropriately to business situations
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure; meet strict time deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to listen effectively and seek clarification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with strong English language grammar skills
- Working knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; Various Internet browsers; Visio preferred; Virtualization preferred; SharePoint