The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical leadership and engineering for the overall quality of the enterprise technical Cloud environment. This includes architecture design, development, capacity and performance planning, documentation of deployed frameworks and ongoing evaluations of core technologies for these areas. Lead efforts cross-functionally in adhering to standards and best practices.
- Research and ensure the strategic alignment of migration, testing, implementation plans and configuration of new and existing technologies within Azure, AWS and Hybrid Cloud settings with a main focus on Azure
- Lead cross-functional meetings (with Development Team, BA's, and User Groups) to understand application design, and requirements necessary to create quality technology solutions
- Research new technology in response to enterprise-scale business requirements or systems configurations within the Cloud
- Train and provide technical guidance to team members on Azure, AWS, and Hybrid Cloud, as well as supervising the day to day activities of staff
- Prepare and deliver performance reviews for direct reports to direct reports, perform coaching and feedback discussions on an ongoing basis, and advance user/external vendor relationships with 3rd parties, cloud vendors, and Hybrid cloud vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and/or 6+ years experience with hands on experience with relevant technologies
- Solid project/team management skills
- Experience in leadership role
- Strong communication skills to provide coaching recommendations to team
- Experience in presenting engineering solutions to a broad audience such as Management, Architects, and Development Partners
- Demonstrated mastery of previous levels' skills and responsibilities.
- Hands on experience with Cloud Platforms ? preferable Azure
- Experience in designing and implementing infrastructure/services in Public Clouds
- Experience Architecting and Implementing Azure Service Offerings such as Azure VM, Blob Storage, SQL Database, Azure Files, Azure Functions, etc.
- Experience in Cloud Backup/Disaster Recovery methods and implementation
- Strong knowledge of Cloud Security Best practices and hands-on experience with Azure security services such as MFA, RBAC, Storage Service Encryption, Key Vault, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Dev/Ops technologies and processes related to cloud solutions such as Azure Automation, Azure Resource Manager, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Azure monitoring and alerting services such as Azure Portal, Monitor, Resource Health, etc.
- Strong experience with designing and supporting Azure Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute and Subscriptions with tagging
- In-depth technical skills in traditional infrastructure & server infrastructure implementation
- Strong Knowledge of Datacenter architectures and best practices, high-availability, capacity planning, system performance, diagnostic techniques, disaster recovery and methodologies.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Familiarity with Information Security and Compliance requirements such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and global Data Privacy Laws preferred
- Experience with implementing hybrid cloud preferred
- Experience with RedHat Linux preferred
- Active Directory including Federation Services preferred
- Azure Certifications are preferable
- Hands-on AWS experience is a plus
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Azure Container Service is a plus
- Experience with budgets is a plus
Senior Technical Recruiter
P: 973.732.5454 x27