Azure Infrastructure Specialist - ( 210000YR ) Description
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams [FSTs] provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Your Opportunity
We are looking for an Azure Infrastructure Specialist to join our Information Technology team.
This role will aid with the design, implementation, and on-going support of secure Azure infrastructure/application solutions being created by our client facing Innovation team.
This role will report into IT to ensure solution alignment with Stantec's IT governance controls, security, networking, and regulatory compliance practices/policies and procedures. Your Key Responsibilities
Qualifications Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts and EA peers to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Recommend Azure design solutions to help meet new business requirements, improve existing business processes and/or address application or infrastructure problems.
- Consult with the Innovation group on application or infrastructure development projects to harmonize systems or infrastructure with the enterprise technology architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise technical architecture [ETA] to accommodate immediate or future project needs.
- Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to renovate, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
- Configure Azure application/infrastructure components to meet the Innovation group's SaaS/IaaS/PaaS requirements [in the context of alignment with Stantec IT's security, networking, and regulatory compliance practices/policies and procedures].
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Leverage new Azure technologies to create innovative solutions to projects and tasks
- Implementation configuration including monitor, analyze, and advise on testing of Azure application/infrastructure patches/upgrades.
- Work closely with quality assurance analysts to develop and execute appropriate test strategies/plans.
- Create robust technical documentation.
- Assist in troubleshooting
Education and Experience
- Experience in Azure cloud application development and/or system infrastructure.
- Experience working with Azure application and infrastructure components.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving/debugging skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Solid understanding of product management, agile principles and development methodologies and capability of supporting agile teams by providing advice and guidance on opportunities, impact and risks, taking account of technical and architectural debt.
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
- Ability to balance the long-term [big picture] and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Knowledge of many aspects of an enterprise technology architecture.
- Understanding of fundamental network and security architectures.
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management [ITSM] and Information Technology Infrastructure Library [ITIL].
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one modeling language [such as UML].
- Understanding and knowledge of general IT standards and controls.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business, information systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: infrastructure and network design, application development, application programming interfaces [APIs], middleware, servers and storage, database management and operations, clustering technologies, virtualization, cloud technologies and active directory and protocols.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice. Primary Location
: United States-Texas-Austin Other Locations
: United States-Maine-Portland, United States-New Mexico-Roswell, United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-North Carolina-Charlotte, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-Oregon-Portland, United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge, United States-Arizona-Chandler, United States-Florida-Tallahassee, United States-Georgia-Alpharetta, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Illinois-Lombard, United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque, United States-Indiana-Indianapolis, United States-New York-Albany, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-North Carolina-Asheville, United States-Florida-Sunrise, United States-California-San Bernardino, United States-Texas-Fort Worth, United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-New York-Amherst, United States-Louisiana-New Orleans, United States-Minnesota-Woodbury, United States-Massachusetts-Burlington, United States-Rhode Island-Providence Work Locations
Austin TX Job
: IT Generalist Organization
: BC-1973 IT Services-Corporate-US Employee Status
: Regular Job Level
: Individual Contributor Travel
: No Schedule
: Full-time Job Posting
: Apr 21, 2021, 7:57:24 AM Req ID:
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans