Title: Azure Cloud Specialist
Location: Lakeland, FL
Employment Type: Full time
- Cloud Center of Excellence is the focal point of the transformation efforts for our IT Modernization project. You will enable the transformation of our Cloud development and operations practices.
- The Cloud Specialist should have a solid understanding of cloud services and be able to lead a team of cross-functional application developers, infrastructure engineers, and security specialists to promote cloud-first architecture and implementations.
- You will also be responsible for supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various cloud enablement and advocacy activities, and coaching associates on various deployment models of Cloud
- This individual should be able to implement large-scale cloud implementations and effectively address information governance and security challenges associated with running workloads on public clouds.
- Provide security architecture support for build, migration, and operation of Azure cloud infrastructure
- Research and evaluate emerging cloud technologies and proactively recommend areas where they can bring business value.
- Develop aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security.
- Define standards and best practices by conducting POCs for new cloud technologies leveraged by the development organization and engineering teams
- Develop a baseline for deliverables to include; network access, restriction of internet-facing resources within the cloud platform, provision and configure computer resources within Azure environment
- Provide expertise and serve as subject matter expert regarding Cloud for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure
- Work with application teams with their digital Transformation goals and achieve exceptional results retaining maximum associate satisfaction
- Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects and Security Operations teams with any security-related issues
- Develop, maintain and drive a culture of continuous enhancement for a robust knowledge management system for the Cloud Operations team
- Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
- Conceptualizing, presenting and executing ideas within a tight schedule, with particular emphases on serving as a technical lead on development projects with on-prem and cloud, or a team lead or architect across multiple software development projects;
- Demonstrate extensive abilities as a lead: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various cloud enablement and advocacy activities, and coaching associates on various deployment models of Cloud
- Proven extensive ability to develop Cloud strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of IT audiences, and management, including presentations, training, and executive briefings
As an SME, the individual should -
- advise application team with azure security
- develop a migration strategy for azure security components and overall application components
- define the operating procedure in a cloud environment
- support with performance tuning and testing activity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related analytical field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of deploying and supporting cloud services in a large-scale environment.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in one or more cloud providers.
- Minimum of 1 year experience developing software with at least one production implementation in one of the following languages: C#/.NET, Java, Python, or Node.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience writing in a scripting language that implemented a deployment to the cloud or supported a cloud workload.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
- Practical knowledge of web application security.
- Minimum of 1 year as a contributor to the design of distributed and highly available cloud solutions.
- Familiarity with 1 or more version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN, TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps).
- At least one EXPERT-level certification in a cloud platform technology (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP) or 3 years cloud operations experience.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience configuring direct connections to the cloud from on-premise, gateways, virtual networks, and security segmentation technologies in a production environment.
- Production experience with a hybrid cloud configuration.
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker.
- Experience developing software that is deployed to the cloud.
- Experience writing scripts in PowerShell.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with Azure Cosmos DB and/or MongoDB.
- Experience working with Azure.
- Experience with VSTS/Azure DevOps deployments.
- Experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).