WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high net-worth individuals.
Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasize integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation, and teamwork.
BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
The Cloud Enablement team is business unit responsible for enabling the use of public cloud services across the firm. You will be working as part of multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, architecting and building a cutting-edge platform that enable Goldman Sachs teams to deploy and manage services in public cloud safely and securely. We are modernizing our services around cloud native principles, and you will be directly contributing to platform that programmatically enforces safety, security and compliance of services and enables developers to innovate faster.
How you will fulfill your potential
- Contribute to technical architecture, implementation and operational management of Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Collaborate with other cloud architects to deploy consistent architectural model across all cloud platforms
- Drive Technology Risk reviews and implement security policies for preventive and detective controls
- Participate in various technical and architectural discussions both within the team and across the organization
- Help to communicate and promote best practices for public cloud application development across the firm
- Designing, building, testing, automating, and supporting the migration of workloads to Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure.
- Producing designs that are scalable, resilient, efficient, secure, and cost-effective.
- Leading technical decisions and direction in a collaborative team environment, including architecture, estimation, product planning, user story/requirement creation.
- Implementing modern Continuous Delivery processes for releasing software and infrastructure to production.
- Applying industry best-practices and patterns across infrastructure and application components e.g. security, elasticity, performance.
- Using public cloud platform(s) to solve business problems.
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration and setup).
- Applying automated configuration management, infrastructure provisioning and container orchestration tooling to solve business problems.
- Play a big part in design and implementation in a team-oriented environment.
- Support users in resolving issues by troubleshooting, providing workarounds, or escalating to technology management.
- Provide technical and functional guidance and leadership to junior members on a need basis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science engineering or related disciplines
- Experience migrating workloads to Microsoft Azure
- Experience designing, provisioning, and supporting Azure PaaS and IaaS components (Azure Compute, Networks, Storage, PaaS Services, AI & ML services)
- Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure-as-Code tooling, including native Azure tools like ARM templates, BICEP, Blueprints, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Exposure to Agile project delivery
- Strong technical ability, willingness to learn and evolve your skills with advances in technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience speaking to technical and business audiences.
- Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing solutions.
- Highly motivated and willing to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Microsoft Azure Solution Architect Certification
- Experience in securely designing Azure cognitive services platform
- Experience in configuring and deploying various AI models in Azure cognitive services
- Experience in working with other leading Cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform(GCP), Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- Ability to reason about performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems.