Job Title: Azure Application Developer
Duration: 12 Months contract or Fulltime
Location: Princeton, NJ
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, coding, unit testing, buil
- Responsible for design and development of modern web based applications, including program design, coding, testing, debugging, and requirements documentation at a mastery level.
- ding, deploying, and supporting application software as an athlete that can work in a dynamic environment across functions and projects.
- Ensures application design, development schedule, and implementation meet or exceed documented application scope/timeline, while adhering to established standards.
- Design, Code, Unit Test ASP.Net Core Web API, Azure technologies (Web jobs, key vault, DocumentDB, storage, SQL, search, service bus), Entity Framework Core, performant T-SQL
- Experienced and knowledgeable at a mastery-level of industry best practices and vendors in order to actively analyze, design, and recommend third-party tools and create custom web applications. Drives analysis of required functionality and implements customizations to platforms or develops custom solutions to fulfill business requirements with a mastery focus on technical excellence and high quality.
- Performs technical design and maintain documents technical specifications. Assists application architects in the creation of application, integration, and data architecture. Develops /teaches team members of these skills.
- Reviews other developers work against high standards of quality and technical excellence (using best practices) to ensure solutions are aligned to architectural specifications and design. Investigates and corrects reported issues against existing software. Recommends performance improvements including tuning, or process changes. Has an advanced foundation in designing and developing for non-functional requirements including reliability, availability, and performance, scale, security, and data integrity.
- Analyzes business/ functional requirements and prepares development project schedule, tasks, and estimates.
- Strives for personal and organizational improvement - passionate about making sense of information to suggest new possibilities for improvement and pushing those ideas forward; seeks out new experiences, knowledge, and open to learning and change.
- Collaborates with project team members to identify issues and risks associated with the design, implementation, and delivery of project assignments.
Required Technical Skills
- Prefer computer science background with strong understanding of writing maintainable, performant systems.
- Development Methodology: Agile/Scrum
- Must have Azure development experience (Web jobs, DocumentDB, Search, ServiceBus, Key vault, Functions, SQL, Storage), C#, .net CORE, WebAPI, database development (Must have strong T-SQL coding skills, understand Execution/Query Plans, transactionality and locking).
- Must have experience writing unit tests and experience with source control management and defect tracking systems, such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Git
- Must be able to operate with minimal oversight and operate within a self-organizing scrum team.
- Tools: Visual Studio 2012/2015, VSTS for source code and defect tracking
Education & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree; Minimum of 4-5 years of applications development experience in a fast paced web project leveraging above mentioned technologies;
- Must appreciate team work, collaboration and continuous improvement as core tenants of their work
- Understanding of methodologies and delivery of business software solutions with experience in the various SDLC methodologies and working with a DevOps mind-set.