PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of overall objectives through the application of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to effect positive change and/or create organizational structure within FVC and the IS and EMR Departments.
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within FVC and the IS and EMR Departments.
- Direct and oversee the broad activities of the business unit(s) through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and procedures relevant to FVC and the IS and EMR Departments .
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and the recommendation and implementation of current practices.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee relations issues.
- Strategic leader with broad-based knowledge of the business and/or industry with an emphasis on providing strategic solutions to FVC. Has broad decision making authority within the functional areas.
- Develops and implements strategic plans and objectives for the direct departments in alignment with corporate strategy. Participates in the development of business unit- or division-wide strategies. Oversees the direction and approval of tactical administrative or operational policies and resource allocation decisions to ensure the achievement of objectives.
- Establishes protocols in the facilitation of strategic interdepartmental cooperation, motivating development of new tools and methods for dealing with crisis situations.
- Decisions are often complex with significant organizational impact, managerial and budgetary responsibilities. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of long-term company operations.
- Provides more of a support function. Directs and controls the activities of a complete functional area through multiple levels of management. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and approving changes to methods and practices.
- Interacts with all levels of the organization to manage the business. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Has strong interaction with SVPs, Presidents and possibly with the CEO.
- Serves as a representative of the organization to external customers. Regularly interact with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve highly visible activities which may include speaking to or negotiating with customers, influencing other executives and representing the organization on matters of great significance.
- Develops IS strategic plans based on of the Fresenius Vascular Care (FVC) information technology needs to ensure the computer capabilities are responsive to the needs of the division's growth and objectives.
- Aligns IS initiatives with FVC business priorities and strategic goals while balancing resource constraints (human and fiscal) to optimize ISinvestments (ISportfolio).
Bachelors in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field required.
A Master’s degree in Health/Hospital Administration, Public Health, or Business Administration, or related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 15+ years’ experience with increasing leadership responsibilities comprising of at least 10 years of management experience and 10+ years technical and/or analytical experience, preferably with health data, preferably within a multi-facility healthcarenetwork.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Management experience must include experience with development and deployment of IS strategic plans, operating plans, and budgets.
- Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of the organization
- Must have excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills plus problem analysis and solution skills
- Significant experience in a health care setting is desirable, specifically in technology and information systems planning to support business goals.
- Experience should also include exposure to both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site client-server environment.
- Specific experience with practice management, financial management and clinical management information systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with IS systems and IS management as a senior level with a sequence of increasing responsibilities in large and diverse business settings.
- Demonstrated leadership and management competencies and skills including excellent financial competence, operational excellence, and exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with the health care industry – its critical issues and major challenges
- A track record of working in a geographically diverse complex organization
- Demonstrated project management skills and practice of continuous quality improvement
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict.
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative
- Results oriented.
- Excellent skills for team building, motivating employees, performance management, and decision making.
Job ID 18000DGG