Do you like helping customers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems based on the Microsoft Technology Stack? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you have the consultative and leadership skills to help customers succeed with their cloud efforts?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a Solutions Architect to help public sector customers accelerate their adoption of the Microsoft workloads on AWS. This is an excellent opportunity to help customers understand best practices for Microsoft technologies on AWS, migrate their existing workloads, and advise them on building resilient cloud architectures. You'll also work with the AWS Service Teams to help continuously improve the Microsoft Platform on AWS. Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects; defining implementation architectures, collaborating on sales opportunities, developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform; and being a subject matter expert on Microsoft technology Stack as it relates to customer end-to-end solutions and services. In addition, you will engage with sales teams, other solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations do drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented, "roll-up your sleeves" environment and requires a passion for innovation, ability to deal with ambiguity as well as an ability to scale and influence broadly. This position focuses on our customers in Education.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Minimum of 7 years enterprise IT application experience that includes at least 2 years of hands-on software development, infrastructure engineering, or systems architecture.
• Demonstrated experience with cloud technologies and knowledge of Microsoft technologies
• Developing high quality, enterprise scale software products.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must.
• Fundamental public cloud knowledge in either AWS, Azure or Google cloud
• Knowledge of the AWS services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
• Published either whitepaper, blog, "quickstart" type solutions papers
• MCSA, MCSD, and/or MCSE
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity.
One or more of these demonstrated experiences:
• Datacenter management or migration experience, especially involving Windows Servers and complex Windows workloads
• Designing or managing a large SQL Server implementation
• Designing or managing a large Active Directory implementation
• Knowledge of .NET Programming (C#)
This role can be based anywhere in the US. Preference to Central or Western US. Close to major airport. 50% travel required.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.