About the Role:
NIC Inc's Utah Interactive Development Team is currently searching for an AWS developer to join its team.
- Work with highly skilled members of our organization that are passionate about their profession, including developers, architects, testers, business analysts, product owners and executives.
- Bring a well rounded and highly knowledgeable technical background in Development, DevOps, AWS services, to assist in building a new platform for building solutions.
- Be a valued member supporting multiple agile teams that are responsible for delivering quality solutions and supporting those solutions through the SDLC change process and into production.
- Work with the right technology for the solution. We are mainly a Java shop, but you will be exposed to multiple othertechnologies including but not limited to Spring, Grails, AngularJS, as well as relational and no-SQL databases.
Position-specific Required Skills:
- Over 4 plus years of progressive experience in building enterprise Java web applications, as developer.
- Expert knowledge of Java-based Enterprise frameworks like Spring, Micro services/Restful services.
- Experience designing Enterprise SaaS solutions for multi-tenancy.
- Hands-on experience in designing, instantiating and managing AWS services and resources.
- Hands on experience in CI/CD into AWS.
- Experience building B2B and B2C types of enterprise SaaS applications.
- Ability to build rapid proto-types and POCs.
- Proven experience with product visioning and ability to improve the product value with not only delivering the product but also supporting product management in improving the vision.
- Ability to create work breakdown structure and milestone creation for the enterprise solution using agile process
- Ability to accurately size the effort and identify the resource requirements across multiple disciplines.
- Building multi-channel application designs for digital delivery.
- Solid experience within integrated agile SDLC process, including traceability, business analysis, story boarding, automated unit testing, integration testing, peer reviews, continuous integration, continuous delivery
- Ability to abstract a business use case and build reusability and/or multi-tenancy into the design through convention, configuration, and customization.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with API management tools, Identity Management tools
- Experience with AngularJS, Grails and Spring
- Experience with Frameworks like Dropwizard, JHipster
- Experience with Atlassian SDLC Stack
- Communication with remote developer teams
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework
- Strong leadership skills
Opportunity to work on green field solution architecture and development in the public cloud space and enterprise solution development.
• Competitive compensation program
• No-cost group medical/dental insurance
• Stock purchase plan
• Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
• Disability insurance
• Life insurance
• Company wellness program
• Casual and fun office environment
• Paid State holidays/vacation
• Tuition reimbursement