$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Your role as a Software Development Engineer will be to bring your expertise in architecture and design, and your ability to dive deep into the most complex technical problems to the forefront as you help bring our learning tools to the next level of customer delight. You will support existing systems looking to enhance functionality, increase scale, and transform in new ways to meet our customer demands. You will also create new services and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our business grows. Your knowledge of full stack development and architecture will be key as we ensure we meet our challenges from the user experience through to our data layer at Amazon scale. You and your team will look to maximize the very technology stack they enable our customers to learn. You will work with some of the best and brightest as you grow into a Technical Leader in a group of junior through senior level developers.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute in building Service Oriented Architecture-based applications, e-Commerce solutions and many more using cutting-edge technologies. We are looking for highly motivated engineers to bring in their ideas and experience to help us reach our goals.
· Design, develop, and maintain large scale web and API applications on AWS focusing on performance, scalability and stability
· Integrate our systems with core Amazon services for e-commerce, identity, security, etc.
· Contribute to ideating new services to support products and initiatives across our AWS Learning Services space
· Work closely with business stakeholders to understand their requirements, and identify opportunities to improve business processes through software automation
· Collaborate on our technology roadmap, turn visions into reality.
· Participate in Agile development
· 3+ years of non-internship professional software-development experience
· 2+ years programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new current systems
· Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Valid Through: 2019-9-13