$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
AWS IT Security is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale. We are looking for Security Engineers who are ready to take on a front-line role in addressing security issues across the largest cloud provider in the world. Security issues at this scale and speed require a passion for engineering robust solutions to complex security challenges, as well as the ability to quickly design and build internal-facing tools to address them.
AWS Security Infrastructure Monitoring is looking for Security Engineers to ensure that our infrastructure operates to the highest standards required to maintain and enhance customer trust. If you enjoy analyzing system services, operating systems, networks, infrastructure applications, and processes telemetry, and you are skilled at investigating security issues and driving solutions to complex problems and new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a unique and challenging opportunity. A successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Research, improve, and refine detection capabilities to support incident response
• Support security event enrichment
• Testing and implementing new technologies
• Develop tools and mechanisms to automate and improve personal, team, and org effectiveness of incident response functions and security investigations
• Influence service teams across Amazon to develop systems and processes with security best practices in mind
• Conduct large-scale security incident investigations, author incident reports, participate in or lead post-mortem analyses
• Develop and mentor other engineers
• Build detections
• Build relationships
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, similar technology degrees or 5+ years' equivalent technology experience.
• Minimum of two years' experience in a SOC/NOC or in an incident response/security operations team, or experience coordinating responses to security incidents.
• Minimum of two years' experience of analytic work within SIEM platforms.
• Minimum of one year with a previous role that included executive communications or technical writing; clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills.
• Minimum of one years' experience with a programming language such as Python or Perl
• A strong sense of ownership, urgency, drive, and delivery.
• Proven experience with incident handling/response, reverse engineering, malware analysis, adversary methodologies, and/or threat intelligence.
• Experience with digital forensics and incident response tools such as Plaso, Volatility, log analysis systems (Splunk, ELK, AlienVault, etc.), GRR, IDA, Rekall, EnCase, Autopsy, The Sleuth Kit, TheHive, Falcon Operator, etc.
• Comprehension of algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Python, Ruby, Shell, Perl, C/C++, Java, Go, etc).
• Knowledge of Windows, Linux, and/or OS-X process and system monitoring.
• Possess a strong understanding of common enterprise technologies.
• Extensive knowledge of computing security issues and threat vectors.
• Experience with AWS products and services.
• Experience with cross-organizational collaboration and creation of remediation plans.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Valid Through: 2019-9-13