$100K — $150K *
AWS Security is on the cutting edge of security for a wide variety of platforms and technologies including cloud services, Internet of things (IoT), identity and access management, mobile devices, virtualization, and custom hardware, all operating at massive scale. Similarly, our highly collaborative team is committed to each team member’s growth as our business grows.
AWS Security is looking for a Product Security Engineer to design security controls and help validate that our services, applications, and emerging technologies are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will be responsible for analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues, building security automation, and decisively taking action to mitigate emerging threats throughout a full secure development life-cycle (SDLC).
This role will provide career growth opportunities as you gain new security skills in the course of your work. Security engineers at AWS have an opportunity to experiment, learn, build tools, and work with teams building new technology and services at massive scale. Security engineers at all levels have the opportunity to learn from and be mentored by those who are building and securing our cutting-edge services. A security engineer is also expected to be a mentor for others and be a trusted security advisor within the organization.
A security engineer at Amazon is expected to have technical expertise in multiple domains and provide significant contributions to the AWS Security team and to multiple groups throughout Amazon. Security engineers are expected to develop elegant solutions to complex security risk problems and apply appropriate technologies while following security engineering best practices. This role requires a security engineer that can be recognized as an expert within AWS Security and by teams throughout Amazon on at least one knowledge domain, while being able to apply security engineering best practices in a broad range of technical areas.
A security engineer must demonstrate strong Amazon leadership principles. This role requires the ability to foster constructive dialogue and seek resolution when confronted with differing opinions on security risks. Engineers in this role are expected to participate fully in the planning of the AWS Security team's work and constantly seek opportunities for process improvement.
A successful candidate will need a combination of troubleshooting, technical, and communication skills. An AWS Product Security engineer must have the ability to take ownership and deliver on multiple complex objectives which may include project and software development work.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Security reviews for new products, technologies, and services
· Secure design, architecture, and implementation
· Secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modeling and security testing
· Influence decision-makers and stakeholders throughout the organization in multiple teams to achieve a consistently high security bar
· Lead penetration testing engagements and create new testing methods and exploits
· Create security guidance and documentation
· Develop security tools and automation
· Develop and deliver security training and outreach to internal development teams
· Develop and improve metrics that drive desired behavior and security outcomes
· Lead security projects (including security reviews, tool development, and creation of new security practices) with end-to-end ownership
· Support for mentoring, team building and recruiting activities
· Bachelor (undergraduate) degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Software Engineer, Security, or others) OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Minimum of 5 years of professional experience with any combination of at least 3 technical disciplines, including the following: cloud security, network security, application security, mobile security, secure development methodologies, software development and coding, identity management, authentication and authorization, network architecture, system administration, and systems engineering
· Minimum 3 years of experience with complex system, network, or service architecture and design
· Minimum 3 years of experience experience with applied cryptography
· Minimum 3 years of experience experience building or reviewing threat models
· Minimum 3 years of experience experience with conducting security assessments, including penetration testing or red teaming
· Exceeds expectations for Amazon’s Leadership Principles for this role
· Exceeds expectations for Amazon’s functional and technical depth and complexity for this role
· Ability to lead through influence across a broad set of stakeholders at Amazon within a secure development life-cycle for multiple products and technologies, meeting customer expectations for security
· Experience implementing complex security solutions that resolve security and business risk trade-offs and have broad influence across multiple services
· A deep understanding of networking and communication protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, SSL/TLS, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, BGP)
· A deep understanding of cryptography, web service frameworks, mobile application architectures, and multiple service architectures (such as event-driven, service-oriented, and serverless architectures)
· Experience with reverse engineering or vulnerability research
· Familiarity with physical, infrastructure, or hardware security
· Experience with multiple programming languages (such as Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Perl) for both tool development and code review
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to communicate deep technical issues in terms of security and business risk with non-experts and senior leaders
· Very strong bias for action balanced with a strong ability to dive deep into problems
· Very strong ownership, urgency, and drive
· Excellent analytical abilities and design skills
Valid through: 12/15/2020