About AI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future-a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant's AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data, and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You understand various aspects of architecture practices: business, application, data, security, infrastructure and governance
- You can successfully work with Product Architects to define technical architecture for products
- You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- You will manage individual project priorities, deadlines and work you're doing
- You have the ability to translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- You have experience in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance
- You have the ability to work within pressurized environments whilst making critical decisions
- Experience with Cloud Platforms AWS and Deploying and automating infrastructure/applications using Chef, RPM, Docker, AWS (ECS,EKS, ECR), Terraform
- Manage AWS infrastructure with a drive towards a cloud smart strategy
- Extend and maintain our CI/CD pipeline
- Write and update technical documentation
- Troubleshoot problems and provide support for software and cloud systems
- Mentor across the organization on devops best practices and techniques
- Ensure projects follow operating practices for Visible and enhance the processes as needed.
- Ensure the quality of the project meets Quality Assurance (QA) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) guidelines.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience level
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or similar.
- 5 years of experience as an Developer
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture environment
- Cloud transformation projects
- Agile methodology
- Working knowledge of DevOps
- Experience in big-scale Batch Application Platforms
- You adore working in a fast paced and agile development environment
- You have experience in reviewing and selecting Technical and Applications Architectures solutions
- You have experience of working with Technical and Application Architects
- You have solid hands-on experience on software development life cycles
- You have solid experience working with diverse technology platforms
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You excel in strategic planning and problem-solving
- You can successful mentor developers who are looking to become architects
- Must be proficient in OS security controls, privileges and escalation.
- Good to have experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Should have consumed/worked with Virtualization Tools and Storage tech.
- Good written/Oral Communication, Presentation, Interactive skills with team across geography.
- Works well under pressure and meets deadline.
- Flexible to work either independently or with team.
Skills and Requirements
Highly collaborative, a fast learner and willing to work wherever needed on the team.
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with Python and a major relational database.
- Experience with version control and understanding of version control concepts.
- Understanding of RESTful API design
- Passion for industry best practices and computer programming
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and management
- Ability to prioritize security and privacy
- Ability to independently manage time and priorities while meeting deadlines
- Ability to build, configure, and maintain a local development environment
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems.
- Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions.
SNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.13NF data modelingPL3Desired2Amazon Web ServicesPL1Required3PythonPL1Required4Core JavaPL1Required5PL/SQLPL3Desired
* Proficiency Legends