Cloud Operations Engineer
Must be US Citizen
The Cloud Operations Engineer focuses on operating the Cloud Environments of customers as per the DXC contractual agreements.
The main goals are to deliver an agile managed service, to continuously increase the level of automation of our work, to ensure high availability of the service and to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
He/she will be an experienced, multi-skilled individual, who can work within a small team responsible for delivering reactive and proactive operational support end-to-end in DXC operated Cloud Environments.
He/she is motivated to continuously gain more skills, to take strong ownership on the actions and to find innovative ways to improve the agility and efficiency. The DXC environments are envisioned to mature into DevOps mode 2 of operation.
- 24*7 Support of DXC production Cloud Offerings
- including operations, incidents, service requests and execution of changes
- Proactively and continuously improve the service through
- driving further automation
- fixing incident root causes
- suggesting more agile and effective ways of working
- Take full ownership of incoming actions and issues and drive them to resolution
- Work within a tight Cloud Operations multi-skilled team
- Using the skills you have now
- Consulting with other team members to extend your reach to get to success
- Sharing back what you’ve learned
- Handle some simple NSSR (Non Standard Service requests) logged by customers: provide proposal to customer and implement Work within a tight Cloud Operations multi-skilled team
- Ensure contractual SLAs are met
- Conform and adhere to change management process for customer environments.
- Leverage existing full/partial automation from other teams to expedite deployments
- Understand and contribute to processes and tools used by team
- Identify areas of operations quality deficit or automation opportunities
- Contribute relevant automation and operation artefacts back to DXC Cloud offerings
- Support POC deployments as required for client or automation development
Skills and Qualifications
- Trained or Certified in Cloud:
- Microsoft Azure environments and operations
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments and operations
- OpenStack environments and operations
- Expertise in one or more of the following technical domains: Windows, Linux, Database, Storage, Networks, Scripting, Security
- Ability to learn and adapt to new frameworks/technologies and quickly integrate with them for automation service delivery
- Able to find effective workarounds to product limitations/constraints
- Strong ownership and drive
- Team worker
- Previous experience in software automation delivery
- DevOps & Agile methodology experience, working with small agile teams, is a plus
Experience with the following operational tools, concepts & technologies as required:
Work within the team to deliver a multi-skilled capability across multiple technologies and disciplines, participate in continuous upskill and training to maintain individual and team skills such as:
- Cloud systems configuration management
- Strong Unix/Linux scripting - bash, ksh
- Strong batch and/or powershell scripting on windows
- Web Services & API integrations using: REST, SOAP, Perl, PHP, HTML, XML, XSLT, JSON
- Experience with Orchestration tools conforming to enterprise grade platforms automation delivery:
- HPE CSA, OO, HPSA, OneView
- SCCM, BMC
- Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible
- Software Defined Networking
- Virtualization and Hypervisor management experience on VMWare, KVM, QEMU
- Apache, Tomcat with MySQL, SQLite, MSSQL
- Enterprise Storage and SAN solutions such as
- Dell-EMC, HPE 3PAR, Brocade
- Hyper Converged platforms
- HPE, VCE hosted Environments and tools
- Monitoring and management Tools such as:
- Azure resources manager (ARM), AWS Cloud Formation
- Azure OMS, Cloud Watch, Monasca
- Cloud Chekr (billing)
- CrowdStrike (Anti-Virus)
- Jira Agile Project management tools
- Confluence Wiki documentation
About DXC Technology
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6, private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. , visit www.dxc.technology.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all requiredresponsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on DXC’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
DXC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the DXC Accommodation Policy.