AWS Cloud Engineer
Job Title: ?AWS Cloud Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Johnston, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Provides application development and support to partner in the planning, delivery and/or support of business processes utilizing information technology and business practices for strategic business units.
- Work is of medium to high complexity and moderate to high in risk. Has expanded contact with responsibility to varied and multiple departments and functional operations, and actively participates in strategic business relationships.
- Serves as a key team member which may include being on multiple teams and/or team lead. Participates in the review and formation of processes.
- May plan work and schedules for others for project related work. Impact of decision-making is medium to high risk and impact.
- Serves as a consultant or expert and actively shares knowledge across workgroups. Applies information analyses to optimize the integration of major strategic business processes. Designs and implements complex changes impacting several processes with minimal direction. Primarily performs as an individual contributor, but may supervise a small work team (6 or fewer members).
- Lead the Identification, analysis and selection of complex information technology and business practices to support strategic business process/plans. Participates as required to design, develop, test and integrate applications of high complexity.
- Lead in the implementation of information technology and business processes of high complexity.
- Supports, evaluates, and continuously improves information technology and business processes to maintain alignment with business plans of medium-high complexity and medium-high risk.
- Leads the development and may manage a project plan and schedule for a given functional area.
- Acquires solid foundation of project management. Engages in expanded contact with varied and multiple departments and functional operations; actively participating in strategic business relationships and/or issues.
Specific Position Requirements:
- As a Cloud Engineer you will work with a team of engineers and architects to design and build cloud based solutions for financial services applications. You will participate in DevSecOps and will build and maintain a compliance-as-code environment. You will help integrate Amazon Web-Services (AWS) and systems hosted at AWS with other systems and tools (e.g. monitoring tools). You will be asked to participate in troubleshooting and root cause analysis on issues affecting the cloud environment. You will work with application delivery teams to implement and integrate with the cloud and provide training and mentoring to those teams.
In addition, you will:
- Develop, deploy, maintain solutions to maintain JDF?s compliance needs and goals by partnering with Information Security engineers and architects
- Assist with cost controls to keep cloud use balanced between needs and budgets
- Provide best practices, standards, training, and general support for the cloud environment to application development teams
- Assist with monitoring and troubleshooting issues with cloud hosted infrastructure and drive towards problem resolution
- Provide solutions for auto-recovery to meet application goals on uptime and problem resolution (i.e. self-healing infrastructure and applications)
- Provide tooling for a Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment environment
- Participate in the planning process for building the solutions the team offers
- Evaluate new technology, products, and practices for fit within the cloud environment
- Drive automation into all aspects of the build and release process, increasing quality and driving best practices into the team
- Innovate constantly, keep up with industry standards, tools and software development methodologies
WHAT SKILLS ARE NEEDED:
- 5+ years of experience with software development, testing, deployment, life cycle, and best practices
- 2 + years of experience developing using Agile software development lifecycle
- 2 + years of experience with either Java, Node JS, python languages
- Experience with serverless architecture (i.e. AWS Lambda)
- Experience with a wide range of Amazon Web Services products (compute, security, storage, etc.)
- Experience in analyzing and translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Ability to present information to an audience that includes employees with limited technical background
- Ability to effectively teach and mentor teams and individuals
- Ability to collaborate globally; early morning or late evening meetings.
WHAT WILL MAKE A CANDIDATE STAND OUT:
- Experience with DevOps principles and lean development
- Experience in Java or Python or Node JS
- Experience in Jenkins and build automation.