At CGI Federal's Emerging Solutions Group, we are looking for AWS Cloud Engineers to deliver IT excellence and create innovative solutions in the Cloud. Work with fellow AWS and Azure architects and engineers to create solutions, automation and applications. Leverage AWS services and APIs to create cloud native applications to support clients and ESG's MSP practice that can scale across accounts. This role will be split between client delivery and development efforts. Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Become subject matter exports and evangelize the latest technologies and tools to provide better efficiency and solution to other teams.
- Build and configure build plans, code pipelines and create automated solutions that can be re-used
- Design and implement secure solutions and architectures for cloud, multiple cloud and hybrid to support clients, delivery teams, and Managed Service Provider (MSP)/Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) practices.
- Document all configuration, management and optimization changes to the cloud environment
- Implementing cloud governance, build, deployment and monitoring standards for the clients
- Support federal clients in AWS deployments, migrations, operations and maintenance activities.Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 2+ years of experience with AWS Cloud
- Ability to convert requirements, documentation and diagrams into deployable templates and code to execute the Cloud Architect's vision of the solution
- Embrace and focus on emerging technology and evangelize to the technical teams and projects
- Experience deploying and maintaining solutions built on AWS IaaS (Infrastructure as a service), PaaS (Platform as a service), and SaaS (Software as a service) offerings
- Knowledge of Git for source code version control and orchestration deployment using CI/CD pipelines
- Needs to have the ability to develop and contribute while working seamlessly in a distributed team via collaboration tools
- Must own ability to learn fast, adapt to new technology and keep current with industry certifications
- Understanding of Agile and DevOps methods and mindset
- Using Infrastructure as Code (AWS CloudFormation, AWS CDK, Pulumi, Terraform) to deploy resources
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate, AWS Certified SysOp Administrator - Associate or AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate and Security+ or higher Certifications
- AWS Security and Management Services (Certificate Manager, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Config, GuardDuty, KMS, IAM, Security Hub, Secrets Manager)
- Bachelor level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred
- Developing Serverless applications leveraging AWS services (DynamoDB, Event Bridge, Lambda, S3, SQS, SNS)
- Experience in supporting container-based applications, microservices patterns and API`s in AWS (Docker, AWS ECS, AWS ECR, AWS Fargate, AWS EKS, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of at least one of federal compliance standards (CMMC, DoD SRG, DoD STIGs, FedRAMP and NIST) is preferred.
- Knowledge of cloud networking patterns and services, such as load balancing, overlay networking, VPN and multi-datacenter networking
- Knowledge with Configuration as Code tools/services (Puppet, Ansible or AWS SSM) for orchestration of EC2 OS level configuration and compliance
- Understanding and desire to work with AI (Artificial Intelligence), ML (Machine Learning) and Big Data services and solutions.
- Due to the nature of the government contracts we support, US Citizenship is required.
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Cloud Computing
- Infrastructure as a Code
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.