AWS Cloud Architect
11 - 15 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Title: AWS Cloud Architect
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Job Type: Long Term
Skype Round: Skype Round
Looking for “Big Data professional with Spark” knowledge with implementation experience on AWS cloud.
· In depth knowledge of key AWS services like EC2, S3, Lambda, RDS, Data Pipeline, Redshift etc.
· In-depth hands on knowledge of any one of the following programming languages - Java, Python or Scala. Scala is preferable.
· Very good understanding of distributed systems like Spark. Hand-on experience in working with Spark SQL and Data frame.
· Ability to run and build Spark Code on Amazon EMR.
· Should have basic understanding of core Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Concepts.
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.·
Good to have
· Experience in building scalable production systems (load balancers, memcached, master/slave architectures)
· Certification on AWS architecture desirable.
· Experience on Redshift database
· Writing SQL queries including advanced SQL concepts like windowing functions (rank, dense rank etc.). Good at bash scripting.
· Understanding of MPP distributed databases like Redshift, Netezza or Teradata.
· Designing the overall Virtual Private Cloud VPC environment including server instance, storage instances, subnets, availability zones, etc
· Designing the AWS networkarchitecture including VPN connectivity between regions and subnets
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities:
· Study existing technologylandscape and understand current application workloads
· Understand and document technical requirements from clients
· Define cloud migration and adoption strategy to move application to cloud
· Develop architectureblueprints and detailed documentation.
· Design the HA / DR strategies
· Create and build programs/processes/services using Java/Python/Scala, Spark SQL, Data frame run on Amazon EMR.
· Set up processes, services and tools around cloud
· Oversee and drive build of the environment
· Execute migration plan
· Leverage appropriate AWS services Validate the environment to meets all security and compliance controls.