We are looking for AWS Cloud Architect for our client in Chicago, IL
Job Title: AWS Cloud Architect
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Good knowledge of at least one operating system: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows. My preference is any LINUX flavored operating system, prior experience as an administrator or architect in any of the well-known operating systems is also helpful.
- As a Cloud Architect making decisions on whether will be launching a 64-bit Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, a 32-Bit Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1, or a Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Base Machine Image.
- Therefore, familiar with these concepts will be good
- Good understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS, Active Directory and Two Factor Authentication knowledge.
- Familiarity with these concepts before pursuing a role as a cloud architect.
- Computer Programming Languages: You will need at least a minimal understanding of a programming or scriptinglanguage. This is probably not a must, but it will definitely help.
- Security in the cloud is important, and consequently, a high-level understanding of key security concepts is a must for a Cloud Architect. So, an initial knowledge of some basic security concepts such as firewalls is necessary.
Skills to have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Solution Architect, Principle Engineer , or similar role for large scale enterprise solutions
- Strong technical background with experience in driving the solution/designs
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with leading cloud service provider stacks (AWS, Azure, Virtualization, Google) and their service offerings
- Good to have on these, with current stack technologies including Java, Angular, JRuby, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, RDS, AMI
- Working experience or conceptual knowledge of NOSQL data bases like MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchDB
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Experience with full stack development
- Understanding of DevOps process and tooling
- Direct experience with Scrum
- Experience working with a remote team