$100K — $150K *
CGI has an immediate need for an AWS/Backend Java Developer (offsite) to join our financial services team in Columbia, SC, Lafayette, LA, OR Belton, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
- We partner with 15 of the top 20 banks globally, and our top 10 banking clients have worked with us for an average of 26 years!
- We have over 73,000+ CGI Members in 40 countries and over 5k+ loyal Clients who are leveraging our end-to-end services across the globe
Join a fast paced agile team working on cloud implementation effort. Looking for strong backend Java developers with Java 8, Spring Boot, Microservices, Rest API experience. AWS experience is required.
Bachelordegree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Advanced proficiency in coding in Java 8, Spring Boot technologies as well as unit testing/Mockito experience and Cucumber Automation Testing.
- Work on cloud transformation effort, move application components to AWS, update code, create/run CICD pipeline.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
- Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage client DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy in cloud platform, test and promote new or updated features.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 6+ years of development experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- 2+ years of development experience with Java 8, Spring boot, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security and REST Web Services is a must.
- AWS certification and/or some hands-on AWS implementation experience
- Competent in distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.
- Advanced proficiency in unit testing/Mockito as well as coding in Java 8 and Spring Boot technologies
- Experience in testing automation using Junit/Mockito
- Hands-On experience with database development using SQL, mybatis.
- Experience with debugging and troubleshooting App performance issues & JVM memory optimization.
- Experience with working on SOAP webservices, XML, JAXB
- Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment
- Experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle & Jenkins
- Experience working in Agile environment, preferably SAFe
- Superior time management and work organization
- Strong verbal and oral communication
- Work as a team in a fast paced agile environment
- Passion for continuous improvement and learning
- Hands-on experience on AWS services like Fargate ECS, S3, Cloudwatch, Postgres, SQS, SNS
- Docker and Rest Services
- Spring data JPA
- Open API Spec (Swagger)
- Bitbucket (GIT repo)
Valid through: 3/8/2021