AWS Application Architect
About Hitachi Consulting
Hitachi Consulting is the digital solutions and professional services business of Hitachi Ltd., a global technology leader. Hitachi Consulting is a catalyst for positive business change, propelling organizations to drive innovation and to accelerate digital transformation. We have particular strengths in the domains of 'Digital', 'Internet of Things', 'Analytics' and ERP and provide a range of supporting services (industry expertise, project management, process design, change management) required to achieve success.
Hitachi Consulting helps organizations leverage data as a strategic asset to develop new revenue streams, innovate faster and respond to global dynamics with insight and agility. We collaborate with clients to create solutions that help maximize operational efficiency and deliver measurable, sustainable business results.
About Hitachi, Ltd.
Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501), headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, is focusing on Social Innovation Business combining its operational technology, information technology and products. The company's consolidated revenues for fiscal 2018 (ended March 31, 2019) totaled 9,480.6 billion yen ($85.4 billion), and the company has approximately 296,000 employees worldwide. Hitachi delivers digital solutions utilizing Lumada in five sectors including Mobility, Smart Life, Industry, Energy and IT, to increase our customer's social, environmental and economic value.
The AWS Application Architect will be a key contributor to our Strategic Technology Solutions practice in the Seattle, WA area and will have the below responsibilities:
- Lead & own all technical aspects of system development including the integration, extension and upgrade of existing systems.
- Strategically shape the technical roadmap definition, establish engineering best practices and provide a managerial perspective and direction.
- Provide in-depth technical and hands-on leadership in the design and development of comprehensive, business oriented solutions.
- Evaluate and select the right technologies, rapidly develop prototypes and oversee the technical aspects of systems development and operations.
- Manage the development process to ensure that design standards are being followed, application requirements are fully implemented, technologies are efficiently and correctly implemented and a high level of maintainability and extensibility is achieved.
- Manage the execution and support multiple concurrent projects and ensure deadlines are met.
- Lead team meetings, stand-ups and architecture/design discussion.
- Serve as a mentor and coach for leads and developers, and either oversee and/or perform design code reviews of the technical work and coding.
- Continually be seeking to identify and recommend areas of improvement in our solutions, technology stacks, SDLC and development processes and take full managerial ownership to make them better.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated success in actively contributing to large consulting projects.
- Effectively communicates to diverse technical and nontechnical audiences, including developers, technical leads, peer architects, delivery owners, business owners, senior leaders, etc.
- Experience with Cloud, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a service; micro-services architecture and architecture models is required.
- Experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology using Agile Scrum/Kanban etc; requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
- Guide global agile teams as they perform feature level design, development, testing, and performance analysis.
- Architect end-to-end solutions for multi layered applications on a variety of technology stacks
- Strong understanding of DevOps tools/process/methodologies
- 3+ Years in Architecture experience on AWS Cloud Platform – VPC, S3, Kinesis, Elasticsearch, Elastic Beanstalk, API Gateway, Dynamo DB
- 2+ Years in programs leveraging automation, continuous build and continuous deployment practices using tools such as Jenkins, VSTS, Cucumber, JMeter etc.
- 2+ Years in container platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes
- 1+ Years in automating infrastructure provisioning using CloudFormation, Terraform
- 1+ Years in building end to end products using Serverless Architectures (AWS Lambda)
- 1+ year of experience in designing and scaling cloud-based applications (Amazon Web Services).
- AWS Certification is a plus.
- 3+ Years of advanced knowledge in NodeJS, React & J2EE technologies
- Experience with Content Management Platforms (Adobe EM, Sitecore etc.)
- Experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) methodology and leveraging the appropriate tools.
Typical travel requires consultants to be at the client location Monday-Thursday
Hitachi Consulting Is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Consulting Office Home base will be Seattle, WA.