Director of Customer Service
Overview: The Director of Customer Service role manages, leads, and inspires the Service organization for the AVT Americas organization (North and South America).
The Director role is responsible for development and execution of all post-sales functions such as Project Management, Installations, Technical Support, Field Service, and Contracts. The revenue responsibility for the role is >$7M annually, through leadership of 25 field and office based associates.
The Director will need to establish a firm grasp of all key Service processes while also building strong relationship with customers, field sales, and broader AVT. Crucial to success will be strong day-to-day administration paired with a strategic continuous improvement mindset.
• Ensure attainment of key performance indicators: Revenue and Bookings for Time & Materials, Contracts, and Professional Services businesses; Warranty Conversion and Contract Renewals; Associate Engagement
• Understand business drivers to consistently forecast and deliver business objectives
• Demonstrate strategic agility by understanding business challenges and prioritizing quickly to focus on the critical few
• Understand the unique market needs of the Americas business and adapts approach to serve the different regions
• Champion continuous improvement, by leveraging DBS tools to design, manage and measure work.
• Balance customer demands with business needs and available resources to produce the best possible outcomes
• Uncover unmet customer needs and translates into business priorities, and ultimately high value commercial solutions
• Network effectively and become trusted advisor to AVT customer base and key business partners
• Attract and cultivate the best available talent for the AVT Service organization
• Work seamlessly across global organization to disseminate/capture best practice, collaborate on corporate initiatives, and convey needed support for Americas team
• Partner with Sales team to maximize product booking and service results
• Engage and develop direct reports through balance of empowerment and accountability
• Foster succession planning and movement of talent with Service team
• Proven working experience as a customer service manager in multi-disciplinary companies, that develop and manufacture products/systems using technological solutions
• Strong customer-facing and communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and Business Intelligence tools.
• Excellent people management skills.
• Ability to think strategically and lead changes.
• Undergraduate degree in Engineering / Business Administration or related fields
• Experience in the printing industry - preferred.
• Spanish language skills - preferred