Everest Reinsurance Company, a member of Everest Re Group, Ltd., has two opportunities available for underwriters in our US Treaty Casualty Department.
You will report to the Head of US Treaty Casualty who is based in our Warren, NJ office. This position can work out of either our Warren, NJ or Stamford, CT office.
If you have experience in underwriting Casualty and/or Management/Professional Liability business, preferably as a reinsurer, this could be an excellent opportunity to develop and grow your professional career with a highly-rated global leader in the reinsurance industry. Working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment you will analyze, maintain and manage treaty accounts for large national, middle-market and regional insurance carriers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Underwriting and managing both excess of loss and proportional treaty reinsurance business within guidelines on an on-going basis;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with national and regional reinsurance brokers and clients in coordination with senior management;
- Prospecting, cultivating and producing new business;
- Interacting and collaborating with all functional areas of the company including actuarial, contract wording, accounting, law and claims departments;
- Market Everest Re to reinsurance brokers and current/prospective clients through production calls, attending industry events and participation in conferences/seminars;
- Scheduling, organizing and conducting underwriting audits for both new and existing accounts;
- Monitoring account performance;
- Maintaining an understanding of all current issues affecting the insurance and reinsurance industries as well as casualty and professional liability lines of business;
- Participate in annual planning process and development of Department goals;
- Provide guidance to more junior underwriters regarding the Company's corporate mission, culture, performance goals, profitability and technical underwriting.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 – 15 years of insurance/reinsurance underwriting experience; reinsurance, portfolio management or program underwriting experience is strongly preferred;
- Prior experience underwriting Casualty and/or Management/Professional Liability lines of business is required;
- Experience in the analysis and understanding of reinsurance contract terms and conditions is preferred;
- Excellent marketing skills are mandatory to develop and maintain relationships with reinsurance intermediaries and clients;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and report writing skills and the ability to flourish in a collaborative team environment;
- Adept at utilizing commercial office software applications (such as Microsoft Office);
- Ability to develop proficiency with company specific electronic filing and automated processing systems to analyze, document, manage and business;
- Be self-motivated and independent while maintaining underwriting discipline to achieve strategic objectives;
- Ability to stay organized within a fast paced, team-oriented, and high intensity work environment with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks;
- Ability to travel 30-35% primarily domestically.