AVP, Treaty Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
AVP, Treaty Manager - 1
Atlanta, GA 30346
Insurance for insurance companies. That's a simple way to describe a complex business. We're shock absorbers for our clients. Without insurance, individuals and businesses would find it difficult to recover financially when disaster strikes. Without reinsurance, insurers simply couldn't offer this peace of mind.
Are you ready to shift your career to the next level? They aspires to be the premier reinsurance business partner that delivers exceptional value to our clients and stakeholders. As the US-based life subsidiary of one of the world's largest reinsurance companies, we are the industry leader in delivering world-class service and solutions to many of the most recognized insurance companies around the globe. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package that rewards hard work and success.
•Drafting of all treaties and negotiating of non-financial terms in all of their reinsurance agreements with its clients. This accountability includes the management of the overall process and the development and implementation of metrics and a framework to track treaty workflow and status to ensure time standards are adhered to for treaty delivery and execution. Assure timely, professional response to client inquiries and requests. Provide direction, training and support to 4 direct reports to ensure strong skills, growth and consistency in approach.
•Accountable for negotiating treaty wordings (within the Treaty Department’s authority) acceptable to company and its clients. Examples of treaty wordings outside the Treaty Department’s authority include recapture formulas. Personally draft the more complex reinsurance treaty arrangements. Visit clients or prospects with marketing staff as needed.
•Establish a strategy to maintain standard contractlanguage that is state of the art for the industry, legally sound and defensible and in compliance with their guidelines. Perform research and analysis of competitor treaties and industry articles to identify trends and new developments. Monitor regulatory trends and industry responses to regulatory changes which may impact our treaty wordings or interpretation thereof.
•Management of their retrocession agreements with its external retrocessionaires. This accountability includes drafting, negotiation and execution of termination and recapture notices and other treaty amendments . It also includes interpretation of these retrocession agreement when questions or issues arise.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelors Degree
- 8+ years experience in individual life insurance and/or reinsurance required.
- Management experiencerequired.
- Knowledge of insurance life insurance and living benefits products.
- In-depth knowledge of life and living benefits reinsurance contractlanguage. Skilled in reading and interpreting contractlanguage.
- Understanding of regulatory environment at state and federal level as it impacts treaty provisions.
- Must have 3+ years of people management experience
- Must have worked with treaties - drafting and negotiating treaties12. Is the candidate a permanent employee or a consultant?
9. What is the candidate’s expected base salary?
10. What is the candidate’s current location?
11. If out of area, is the candidate willing to relocate to location of job position?
12. Will the candidate require relocation assistance?
13. Present Salary?
14. Salary Expectation?
15. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?