AVP, Technology Digital Scrum Master
The AVP, TechnologyDigitalScrum Master will be responsible for leading one or more of our agilescrum teams executing on digital product development for our PayPal portfolio. This includes features and enhancements across our customer-facing digital servicing, acquisitions and web services platforms used by millions of customers. This role is responsible for collaborating with digital product owners in setting the roadmap for these platforms, driving new innovations, and leading the agile teams to deliver in partnership with the cross-functional portfolio team and otherdigital teams within the company. Synchrony is investing significantly in digital, including redesigning many of our platforms to have cutting-edge UX, rolling out all-new platforms and features to meet the changing needs of our customers, and driving new innovation in digital.
This scrummaster role supporting our PayPal portfolio and will be based in our newest Innovation Station in Baltimore, MD. Synchrony Financial Innovation Stations are the hotbed of innovation and thought leadership throughout the company, with cross-functional teams focused on developing new products, agile development, and innovation practices. Read more about the Stamford Innovation Station here: http://read.bi/1X592di
- Passionate about leading development teams as a Project Manager/ Scrum Master
- Work with client teams and business to shape client requirements and provide ongoing communication through project execution
- Formulate development stories, acceptance criteria, assumptions, and all related documentation are timely and complete, supporting development, testing, and user acceptance activities.
- Generate process reports indicating velocity, burn-down, etc.
- Communicate and facilitate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the Sprint Team (program peers, key stakeholders, executives,)
- Manage a diverse IT team consisting of application architects, application engineers, UX designers, and outsourced vendors.
- Conduct Scrum Ceremonies: Daily Stand Ups, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Planning, Demos/Reviews, Retrospectives, and release planning.
- Manage Sprints – keeping order, process, delivery, priorities accurate and on time
- Keep scrum team focused on concrete priorities while keeping outside influences from disrupting the Scrum team and actively identify and remove waste and distractions
- Work with Product Owners and QA team to ensure that testing and feedback is completed in a timely manner and meeting the Sprint timelines
- Advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams
- Participate as part of the Synchrony Innovation Station in contributing and leading innovation activities and practices with the full cross-functional product team and in partnership with the other Synchrony Innovation Stations.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of IT experience or equivalent leadership program experience or in lieu of degreeHigh School Diploma/GED and 4+ years of IT experience, experience in developing and implementing information systems and project managementexperience
- Strong knowledge of Agile practices
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Scrum tools (e.g. Jira)
- Good listening and communication
- Problem solver – Conflict resolver
- Collaborative and team building, fostering team engagement, ownership and accountability
- Facilitates consensus and encourages open discussion to identify all facets of the product delivery
- Facilitation (discussions, meetings)
- Planning and organization skills
- Mentoring, coaching, training and encouraging
- Situation awareness (identify impediments, assess efficiency)
Job ID: 1700004533