The AVP Talent Development reports directly to the Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Administration, Finance and Strategic Development and leads a professional staff responsible for the building and delivering of future focused talent development practices that align with the values and cultivate a strong, inclusive community through innovative talent management, talent acquisition, performance coaching, leadership development, workforce planning and all aspects of employee engagement. The AVP Talent Development is responsible for providing programs and systems that reflect the commitment to personal and team excellence in support of student achievement, and developing programs that serve to recruit, retain, and support a diverse and highly qualified workforce. Serves as a strategic forward-thinking leader working collaboratively with across the campus to create and cultivate a common vision of the institution?s commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity that can be shared by all.
- Leads the planning and implementation of an inclusive talent management and leadership development strategy/ framework that aligns with the mission and culture of the university while building best in class infrastructure and practices to acquire, develop and retain outstanding talent.
- Supports the University in developing and retaining high performing employees by engaging institution wide stakeholders in identifying key leadership development goals and objectives, providing strategic direction for leadership developments efforts.
- Delivering programs that support the University?s leadership objectives. While leading the planning and execution of execution of a portfolio of talent programs, solutions and initiatives.
- Focus on supporting talent attraction across the organization, including developing new tools and training to supportrecruiting, interviewing, and hiring efforts (selection and assessment) across the university.
- Plan and provide talent management strategy, direction, advice, and counsel to senior leaders and HR business partners.
- Lead the talent processes, tools, and frameworks with appropriate customization at the University/Business unit level.
- Provide coaching for employees / program participants.
- Employ measurement system to track and report progress on talent management to university management.
- Lead and partner with the AVP Human Resources to deliver a new performance evaluation process.
- Manage related budgets and cost models.