Role Value Proposition: The Talent Acquisition Leader will drive executive recruitment for the Global Technology business. This individual will be responsible for full-cycle delivery for positions. In partnership with the Head of Global Talent Acquisition and their peers, s/he will establish a world-class, consultative and value-added practice to ensure the highest quality client and candidate experience. The individual in this role will align his/her strategies with the larger global agenda and deliver the highest level of service by developing talent acquisition plans and processes with a short- and long-term vision in mind. He/she will work closely with HR business partners to ensure talent acquisition meets business needs and creates and delivers diverse talent who feel strongly engaged in the MetLife culture.
The successful candidate will also assist in the development of systems, processes and best practice guidelines to enhance the overall talent acquisition and onboarding process and maintain excellence in the internal and external candidate experience. He/she will work closely with talent development, ensuring all roles are open and posted, and internal talent is considered as a priority for roles as appropriate. MetLife Talent Acquisition continues to drive its transformation related to the way we approach senior hiring practices globally. This Talent Acquisition Leader has an opportunity to contribute meaningfully as we continue to transform the delivery model and implement best practices and processes.
- Ensure that the strategic direction of MetLife’s executive recruiting platform is based on a thorough understanding of the company’s overall strategy, operations, business objectives and workforce plans.
- Partner with the Global Talent Acquisition, HR Business Partners, Workforce Analytics teams and line executives to craft an inclusive and proactive operating model and ensure that this expanded model is incorporated into the executive recruitment process.
- Implement a metrics-driven process for balancing internal and external talent supply and demand, allowing the organization to react quickly and thoughtfully when positions are available. Measure key hiring parameters, such as operations (recruiter loading), efficiency (time-to-fill, cost-per-hire), and quality (performance of new hires).
- Be a ‘talent scout’, proactively build and cultivate an internal/external network of the “best and brightest” within the appropriate talent universe relevant to vertical lines of business and/or corporate functions.
- Coach, develop and inspire a team of recruiters, modelling outstanding practitioner competencies from front-end client consultations to devising the right sourcing and recruitment strategies to driving searches to successful completion.
- Deliver a seamless, enterprise-wide go-to-market strategy that will be applicable across all the MetLife business units.
- Monitor external trends that may impact access to talent and develop leading edge capabilities to source, attract and select the best talent.
- Bring the skills and mind-set for ‘continuous process improvement’ to ensure all executive recruitment practices are at the highest level of quality.
Essential business experience and technical skills:
- Minimum of 15 years of experience leading talent acquisition and HR management experience with demonstrated success in developing, driving talent acquisition strategies.
- Experience setting direction aligned to the overall business strategy and influence senior leadership, applying external and global perspectives to meet local and global needs
- Experience partnering with leadership, project teams, and analytics teams as well as the relationships with external recruitment partners.
- Strong planning and project management skills of the end-to-end search process in a matrix organization, working in collaboration with HR and line management.
- Experience managing complex change and solve problems, while driving to global integration
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; master’s degree in HR discipline preferred.
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Reports to: Global Head of Talent Acquisition
- Direct reports/team: 3-5 directs; project oversight of Executive Recruiting Coordinators on search-by-search basis
- Key Stakeholders: Head of Global Talent Acquisition; Talent Acquisition team; HRBPs supporting client teams