Moody's Investors Service is among the world's most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor. At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.
- Develop product roadmap, architecture artifacts and delivery strategy for engineering solutions
- Establish and maintain development standards and prescriptions
- Develop long term technical roadmap and continual revenue/cost optimization
- Lead and manage implementation of complex engineering solutions across the enterprise
- Ensure deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and sustainable
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Manage and appropriately escalate delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the engineering initiatives to the stakeholders
- Lead and provide technical leadership to architects, developers, engineers, and operators in geographically dispersed location
- Technical leadership for our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), monitoring and sustainment teams
- Identify recurring problems and build the tools and processes to prevent problems from recurring.
- Build the tools and processes to help quickly triage issues and identify the component(s) that need to be fixed.
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed
- 7+ years related experience
- Strong technical knowledge of digital environment including Mobile, Web, Apps, APIs, Messaging, Databases, Big Data, Networks and their Interactions
- Required knowledge and understanding of technical architecture, application systems design and integration in a large heterogeneous enterprise environment with hands on experience in SOA, Angular/Node/React, Java/J2EE, XML, Apache Tomcat, Rules Engine, Oracle or MySQL/MariaDB programming methodologies
- Experience in working with open source code and frameworks
- Experience with modern monitoring capabilities including APM (i. e. New Relic, AppDynamic, dynatrace) as well as other instrumentation technologies
- Experience creating web architecture designs that incorporate resiliency and performance