Reporting to the Chief Claims Officer, the AVP of Strategic Development will be responsible for working across the P&C Claims organization to identify and deliver key strategic initiatives. Projects will require working with colleagues and outside consultants in the development, planning and execution of projects to ensure successful implementation. This will require an understanding of the business to identify and evaluate opportunities consistent with the goals and strategic initiatives of the Claims organization.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Understand the P&C Claims business in order to deliver key projects with metrics
• Facilitate and prioritize strategic initiatives; aligning delivery and execution
• Partner and collaborate with Claims leaders and outside consultants
• Work with outside consulting firms to drive projects to completion in a cost-effective manner
• Uses metrics to ensure projects are tracking to schedule and completion while delivering results
• Bring the appropriate knowledge, information and expertise to evaluate feasibility of projects to obtain proper approvals
• Ensure appropriate stakeholder communication throughout projects and initiatives
• Bachelor's degree required. MBA is a plus.
• A minimum of 10+ years of liability claims or related experience
• Strong business acumen, collaboration skills and influencing skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to successfully work across all levels of the organization, including interacting with executive management and collaborating with peers
• Must be able to manage competing priorities
• Strong data analytics background
• Ability to synthesize large quantities of data
Our employees enjoy great benefits:
• Qualify for your choice of health and dental plans within your first month.
• Save for your future with robust 401(k) match, Health Spending Accounts and various retirement plans.
• Learn and Grow with our Tuition Assistance Program, paid certifications and continuing education programs.
• Contribute to your community through United Way and volunteer programs.
• Balance your life with generous paid time off and business casual dress.
• Protect what you love with discounts on home and auto insurance products.
• Get employee discounts for shopping, dining and travel through Kemper Perks.
Kemper at a glance
With $8 billion in assets, Kemper is one of the nation's leading insurers. The Kemper family of companies specializes in home, auto, life, health and valuables insurance products for individuals, families and businesses.
Kemper’s underwriting companies* are rated A- (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company, the leading insurance industry rating authority. Kemper services six million policies and ranks among the top 25 personal lines property and casualty writers and the 2016 Ward’s 50 Top Performers list of life insurance companies.
*Alliance United Insurance Company is not rated.
We value diversity and strive to be an employer of choice. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V