The Role at a Glance
We’re excited to bring on an AVP, Senior Counsel, of Retail Broker-Dealer business.
You will be responsible for driving initiatives relating to all aspects of LFN’s broker-dealer legal and compliance programs. These responsibilities include providing legal guidance and oversight of LFN’s broker-dealer operations and their retail distribution of securities, fixed annuity, and life insurance products. You will work closely with, and provide advice to, LFN compliance officers and senior management personnel of our platform/product, finance, operations, risk, marketing and IT teams, among other functional areas working closely with regulators, industry groups and internal/external auditors.
Lincoln Financial Network (LFN) is the marketing name for the retail sales and financial planning affiliates of Lincoln Financial Group and includes Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp. and Lincoln Financial Securities Corporation, both members of FINRA and SIPC. Consisting of approximately 8,400 representatives, agents, and full-service financial planners throughout the United States, Lincoln Financial Network professionals can offer financial planning and advisory services, retirement services, life products, annuities, investments, and trust services to affluent individuals, business owners, and families. #LI-AE1
What we're looking for:
- Provide leadership and advice to LFN Compliance staff in responding to SEC, FINRA and state broker-dealer regulatory inquiries and examinations.
- Analyze and interprets applicable laws and regulations and assists in the formulation, communication and training with respect to the firm's compliance policies and procedures to address applicable laws and regulations (including Regulation Best Interest and similar state law standard of care requirements regarding the recommendations of annuity products).
- Collaborates with broker-dealer Compliance and Operations on developing, implementing and maintaining effective surveillance and risk programs to ensure that the firm complies with the broker-dealer guidelines and contractual obligations it has with its clients.
- Initiates risk-mitigating strategies, drives change management projects, and advises senior management with respect to the development, enhancement, implementation and maintenance of broker-dealer compliance policies, procedures and processes.
- Works with key compliance and business partners to develop, maintain and conduct initial an ongoing broker-dealer training and education for LFN financial professionals and home office personnel.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of LFN's broker-dealer financial professional affiliation agreements and arrangements, including matters related to financial professional recruiting and terminations.
- Coordinates with key LFN stakeholders on all broker-dealer product offerings and ensures that appropriate policies are developed and maintained.
- Provides legal guidance and support to the LFN organization in the drafting and maintenance of third-party arrangements that help facilitate the sale and distribution of securities, annuities, and life insurance products
Must- have experience:
- 10+ Years experience in broker-dealer legal/compliance field, with a specific focus on dually registered broker-dealer and investment adviser with a retail investor base
- Demonstrated ability to design policies and procedures to prevent violations of the Federal securities laws, including the Investment Advisers Act and the rules under that Act
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company Act of 1940, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and SEC and FINRA regulations applicable to each
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- J.D. or equivalent, a member of the bar of Pennsylvania