The Assistant Vice-President (AVP) of Procurement Services has direct accountability over procurement services in North America and oversight of the function globally. The Procurement team works with business leader to ensure they engage with vendors in an effective and efficient manner. As at 2018, Procurement has oversight of $1.2B in Sourceable spend, with over 85% spend under influence.
The successful candidate will create effective partnerships with Business leaders, along with key oversight bodies – like Legal, Information Security, Risk Management, etc. The AVP will ensure the organization is purchasing quality products and services at competitive prices from preferred vendors, structuring and negotiating deals in order to mitigate the various risks.
The AVP ensures the organization pursues the right technologies to provide proper management of vendors, spend, contracts and purchasing process. This includes the administration of appropriate Source to Pay platforms Through data and analytics, the Procurement team will provide business leaders with key information on their vendor spend and vendor risk positions.
The AVP, Procurement Services must successfully balance excellent partner service, understanding their needs (both expressed and implied) and meeting their business goals while performing an oversight/governance function, safeguarding the company's overall interests. The position must be able to identify to senior management potential risks and benefits and determine which calculated risks are appropriate to take to meet the business goals.
The role reports to the Senior Vice-President, Shared Business Services
- Direct and lead the overall operations of Procurement, including Sourcing, Purchasing, related Source-to-pay Systems and Travel Services
- Communicates with all levels of internal and external stakeholders, partners, and suppliers to ensure ethical and legal business practices
- Cultivate internal and external relationships to drive results and build credibility for the Procurement function
- Utilize current and emerging technology to strategically serve the procurement and business needs
- Raise visibility and analytics into vendor spend and business travel & entertainment data to help leaders make more informed decisions
- Lead the identification of supplier gaps and overlaps against governance framework for service providers, and manage supplier relationships to ensure alignment to organizational needs
- Manage and resolve issues to minimize number of disputes
- Manage budgeted resources by anticipating resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility
- Provide oversight and guidance of the Asia Procurement requirements
- Determine and promote procurement category strategies with business leaders
- Remain current with competitive environment and identify new strategic opportunities
- Actively participate in the success and evolution of Shared Business Services
- 10+ years professional experience in procurement-related activities, including 5+ years associated IT experience
- Combination of training, educational background and experience in related fields and educational disciplines
- Demonstrated strengths in vendor negotiation, vendor management, partner collaboration and managing across boundaries
- Proven experience in transforming or implementing change on a large scale within a procurement unit
- Advanced understanding of project management, data & analytics, continuous improvement methodologies and application
- Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources