A trusted partner across North America underwriting and operations, who drives transformational change through innovative and world class process improvement techniques, to deliver superior customer and employee experience and positive financial impact.
We focus on:
- Discovering, improving, and digitizing processes to meet the needs of the next generation consumer.
- Building process improvement capabilities in others to create a culture of continuous improvement.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilizes knowledge of customers, products, processes and Continuous Improvement expertise to analyze business problem(s) and determine the best methodology to resolve defect or issue. Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes and develops and recommends key work products.
- Assembles key participants, leads, guides and facilitates cross-functional, collaborative teams in business improvement and development initiatives using Business Process and Change Management standards to optimize the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the process.
- Demonstrate good observation, analytic and communication skills and drives the end-to-end process culture. Work independently with limited direction and take ownership to drive Business Process Improvement Initiatives to completion.
- Leverage process tools such as process charts, tables, value stream mapping and work flow diagrams to assist in analyzing problems and developing solutions. Able to analyze complex problems and existing systems logic difficulties and revised the logic, processes and procedures into layman terms to prioritize business issues/opportunities.
- Provide business case justification to the identified improvement opportunities and convert into Business Process Improvement Plans & Proposals.
- Ensure adequate risk assessment and benefits are performed in every business process improvement initiatives with participation from legal/audit/compliance as needed
- Provide continuous monitoring and management reporting of ongoing Business Process Improvements initiative/projects progress and status.
- Conduct post implementation evaluation of the implemented business improvement processes and track the key deliveries, KPIs/measurements/controls for an agreed period of time to demonstrate sustainable efficiency & effectiveness
- Serves as a resource to team members and stakeholders on delivery and escalation issues. Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product and process improvement.
- Develops and implements and end to end process improvement methodology (playbooks, toolkits, frameworks etc.) and reusable process libraries for core insurance functions including Underwriting, Claims, Operations, and Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, or related discipline. MBA a plus.
- Three plus years business process engineering/analysis in insurance, financial services or management consulting
- Certification as a Green Belt Lean or Six Sigma Process Engineer or equivalent
- Project Management certification
- Solid knowledge and demonstrated use of LEAN Six Sigma, statistical analysis, industry tools (SIPOC, DMAIC, VOC, Process Mapping, Process Requirements) and process management principles
- Demonstrated track record leading Process Design, Re-Engineering, and Transformation projects and producing tangible outcomes using proven techniques (Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups in a matrix organization, spanning all organizational levels including collaboration across business and IT disciplines to achieve results
- Ability to collaborate and work with vendor partners to drive desired outcomes
- Creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Must be able to participate in and support multiple re-engineering projects with competing priorities.
- Fast learner in unfamiliar situations/ business areas
- Strong ability to execute
- Influence without authority (leading from the middle)
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Rapid decision making
- Process improvement (lean) mindset
- Systems thinking
- Self-motivated/ driven
- Highly functional in ambiguous situations and environments
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strong communication skills