AVP Senior Java Developer
A multinational bank and financial services company offering retail, corporate and investment banking as well as wealth management is currently seeking a AVP Senior Java Developer to join their team in New York. This firm believes that to better understand their employee?s needs they must better understand their employees. This firm recognizes each employee wears many hats and takes on countless responsibilities; in turn they give back to their employees. They offer a flexible work environment and incredible benefits. This firm also believes in the power of networking, learning for life and giving back to the community.
You will work with the Research IT group that is part of the Markets Pre-Trade transaction cycle. The team is responsible for the full lifecycle of research, from initial creation to final delivery to our clients via a number of channels. The research IT group has several teams dealing with different aspects of research authoring, archiving and distribution.
- All aspects of application development
- Work closely with infrastructure teams
- Work closely with offshore development teams
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years expertise in building large industrial strength J2EE applications
- 3+ years expertise in building large NoSQL (MongoDB) based systems
- 3+ years experience in full development lifecycle including determining user requirements, design, development, testing and production rollout/support
- 3+ years advanced knowledge of Java
- 3+ years advanced knowledge of MongoDB
- 3+ years experience in relational database development
- 3+ years good knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Experienceworking withbig data systems (Hadoop)
- Experienceworking with research creation and distribution systems